Page 18 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1617181920 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Will Lamar show up to OTA’s this week?

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Lamar wants to win. With a good OL, the threat of Lamar's run game puts defenses in an absolute chokehold, which helps the team win.

Maybe I'm simplistic, but I don't think Lamar gives a fuck if he's running or not. If it helps the team win, he'll do it.
    he'll do whatever it takes because that's his mentality. they asked him what's the top thing they can do to help and he said Oline... I think they delivered.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Last week I would have said 100% he’ll be the first person at OTA’s this week.

https://thespun.com/nfl/afc-north/ba...or-ravens-fans

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    So just so I make sure I'm up to speed, there is a loud contingent of fans in here that believe that Lamar Jackson hates to run the ball and only does it because his idiot OC and HC call plays on offense that force him to do so. He also agrees with Hollywood that the offense sucks. And he's also going to just suffer through the prime years of his career(after winning a unanimous MVP) because he's too nice of a guy and is too professional to cause a rift. He knows that he wants to leave Baltimore, but he's gonna wait it out and play another year in a system he hates. And by doing so, either the Ravens won't tag him(twice) or if they do THEN he'll be willing to play hardball and force his way out. Did I miss anything?
    Nope, that’s it in a nutshell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I don't even know if it matters with these elite QBs. Dak Prescott on a franchise tag suffers a gruesome leg injury. It was a broken and dislocated ankle. As we experienced with Ronnie Stanley you never quite know the player will return from that kind of injury. The Cowboys sign Prescott to the 2nd highest contract ever at that time. The injury doesn't matter. Dak is in that elite club and therefore he's getting a massive contract. Lamar isn't even coming off a surgery. His recovery was all about time. They also know he was playing without so many pieces and still winning games. Worst year or not when you are in your mid 20s, won a NFL MVP and played at an elite level you are getting paid huge money.

Now it's possible that Lamar doesn't see it that way and he does believe what you are posting. Realistically though it's not going matter. He's going to be one of the highest paid players in the NFL even after last year.
    Lamar wants to be a Billionaire.
    He has no agent, and it shows.
    He probably got “low-balled” aka sent a starting offer, and shut down negotiations because he wants so much more that he decided negotiating off his worst season with an injury was the cause for the “low-ball” and wants to win a ring to bargain from a point of strength.

If he had an agent he’d already have signed.

Blog Entries

Lamar wants to win. With a good OL, the threat of Lamar's run game puts defenses in an absolute chokehold, which helps the team win.

Maybe I'm simplistic, but I don't think Lamar gives a fuck if he's running or not. If it helps the team win, he'll do it.
    That's certainly the message that Lamar puts out there. He talks about winning all the time. He's tried to encourage top players who may be available to come to the Ravens to win. Style doesn't get addressed very often.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Lamar had 176 rushing attempts for 1,206 yards in 2019. I don’t think Lamar is even remotely interested in repeating that many carries.

So he doesn’t like winning the MVP and 14 games in a season? Who actively wants to be a worse player?

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Lol, I think you nailed it. But you aren’t supposed to mention any actual on the field production, so mentioning that MVP is a no go.
    That’s ancient history…

It’s not just you, that’s basically what the quote says….

“Supposedly” when Lamar was asked what he wanted, and “supposedly” he knew Hollywood was getting traded, he wanted OL help over WR’s…. That doesn’t speak to someone that hates the run-heavy offense…. “Supposedly”.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    He probably got “low-balled” aka sent a starting offer, and shut down negotiations because he wants so much more that he decided negotiating off his worst season with an injury was the cause for the “low-ball” and wants to win a ring to bargain from a point of strength.

Lamar is not going to be a billionaire from football. The athletes who are their way to that level have taken the NFL fame and earnings and used it as a basis towards other paydays. A couple of years ago Gronk came out and said he never spent any of his NFL money. He got paid a ton from endorsements and just banked or invested his NFL income. That's the way to true wealth.

The wealthiest NFL athlete until recently was Roger Staubach whose salary in the NFL was $160,000 and that was only his his final season. Before that he was making $95,000 a year. In 2008 he sold the real estate company he founded after he retired for $613 million.

We all heard the leaks recently of how much Tom Brady will earn after he retire from the NFL working just 30 days a year. It was $350 million and leaves plenty of time for him to earn money doing other things at the same time.

Lamar has a unique playing style and is very likeable person. He could definitely have a post NFL career that might earn enough to get him to his goals but that's not coming from the NFL.

Blog Entries

There are a lot of assumptions made with this post.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    There are a lot of assumptions made with this post.
    He knows all sees all…

It’s not just you, that’s basically what the quote says….

“Supposedly” when Lamar was asked what he wanted, and “supposedly” he knew Hollywood was getting traded, he wanted OL help over WR’s…. That doesn’t speak to someone that hates the run-heavy offense…. “Supposedly”.

I think Lamar Jackson also said that he wants the offense to continue to open up passing scheme wise like it did last year. I don't think Lamar Jackson particularly wants the offense to go back to how it was in 2019 or 2020 for that matter.