Page 1 of 81 123 ... LastLast

Will Lamar show up to OTA’s this week?

Media will have a field day if he doesn’t.

Re: Will Lamar show up to OTA’s this week?

Quote Originally Posted by apple1088 View Post
    Media will have a field day if he doesn’t.
    I think every Flock member would be surprise if he didn’t. That’ll be one way to put the pressure on the front office, if they did try to lowball him. I doubt it though

If something very unlikely to happen, happens, it will be news. Isn't that how news works?

A no show doesn't seem like Lamar's style with all the work he does in the off season and how competitive he is.

What would he be protesting about anyway? The team couldn't be any clearer that they want to pay him - DeCosta's even wearing his clothing brand in a slightly desperate/pathetic/sweet attempt to show they love him.

Blog Entries

Is there a reason to think that Lamar wouldn't show up? I think the only starting QB who skipped so far has been Aaron Rodgers and he does that most years.

I would be really disappointed if he doesn't...that's all I'll say right now.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I would be really disappointed if he doesn't...that's all I'll say right now.
    I'd be confused and pissed. Last year Lamar Jackson was a very big part of OTAs. He pushed for everyone to show up and most did. If that suddenly changes without explanation then you have no choice but to speculate that he really is disconnected with this team.

Blog Entries

Harbs changed the approach this year - no practice during the first couple of OTA sessions. First wave is film study and rehab, second wave will have field instruction but no contact.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

If he doesn’t we will know that EDC really did lowball him and all that he wants to earn the contract talk is BS.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    If he doesn’t we will know that EDC really did lowball him and all that I wanna earn the contract talk is BS.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

If Lamar doesn’t show up to OTAs then he and the front office haven’t been communicating honestly.

If Lamar doesn’t show up then passing on Howell in 4th round was obviously a mistake, regardless of the optics.

I would be shocked if Lamar doesn’t show up for OTAs.

Besides EDC lowballing him, if Lamar doesn’t stay with the Ravens another possibility is he was offered a completely blockbuster contract and simply doesn’t want to be here. Maybe he wants to be in a bigger market for his personal apparel company, or for a different offensive philosophy, or who knows, any of a thousand reasons.

“Jeremy Fowler of ESPN recently published an Insider article on May 18, looking into the contract status of a number of high-profile players this offseason—the overall takeaway is that he’s not convinced that Jackson actually wants to get a contract extension done this year.

“Jackson and the Ravens have been at a standstill for quite some time”, he writes. “Baltimore is prepared to do a deal, but Jackson hasn’t forced the issue — and has even dodged it, as he would an open-field tackler. He’s either incredibly patient or he wants to get to free agency.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by QuothDaRaven View Post
    Besides EDC lowballing him, if Lamar doesn’t stay with the Ravens another possibility is he was offered a completely blockbuster contract and simply doesn’t want to be here. Maybe he wants to be in a bigger market for his personal apparel company, or for a different offensive philosophy, or who knows, any of a thousand reasons.

“Jeremy Fowler of ESPN recently published an Insider article on May 18, looking into the contract status of a number of high-profile players this offseason—the overall takeaway is that he’s not convinced that Jackson actually wants to get a contract extension done this year.

“Jackson and the Ravens have been at a standstill for quite some time”, he writes. “Baltimore is prepared to do a deal, but Jackson hasn’t forced the issue — and has even dodged it, as he would an open-field tackler. He’s either incredibly patient or he wants to get to free agency.”

Well, he has at least two tags until free agency. He would make more in yearly cash and APY on a long term deal though, so that’s not a smart tactic.