Page 17 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1516171819 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Will Lamar show up to OTA’s this week?

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by concern in the WR room...but I 100% believe not having Marquise in the WR room, in the car in Lamar's ear and not on the field crying for Lamar to give him the ball will help the passing game function better....properly. Spread the ball around again...uh-oh...like the 2019 offense did.

So just so I make sure I'm up to speed, there is a loud contingent of fans in here that believe that Lamar Jackson hates to run the ball and only does it because his idiot OC and HC call plays on offense that force him to do so. He also agrees with Hollywood that the offense sucks. And he's also going to just suffer through the prime years of his career(after winning a unanimous MVP) because he's too nice of a guy and is too professional to cause a rift. He knows that he wants to leave Baltimore, but he's gonna wait it out and play another year in a system he hates. And by doing so, either the Ravens won't tag him(twice) or if they do THEN he'll be willing to play hardball and force his way out. Did I miss anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    So just so I make sure I'm up to speed, there is a loud contingent of fans in here that believe that Lamar Jackson hates to run the ball and only does it because his idiot OC and HC call plays on offense that force him to do so. He also agrees with Hollywood that the offense sucks. And he's also going to just suffer through the prime years of his career(after winning a unanimous MVP) because he's too nice of a guy and is too professional to cause a rift. He knows that he wants to leave Baltimore, but he's gonna wait it out and play another year in a system he hates. And by doing so, either the Ravens won't tag him(twice) or if they do THEN he'll be willing to play hardball and force his way out. Did I miss anything?

You missed a lot. But the main thing is when you said Lamar hates to run the ball is a “belief”. I think when it comes out of his mouth multiple times we can call it a fact.

Other than that good post

Also, his mum wants him in Miami, so why even bother...

Quote Originally Posted by ThankyouArt! View Post
    Depends......there is so much we don't know. I will agree with another poster that you would think that EDC knows why Jackson doesn't want to sign. I just can not accept that Lamar doesn't want to sign because "he is focusing on football and wants to win a Super Bowl". To me that just doesn't make sense, Jackson is going to risk everything? SO what if he doesn't win a Super Bowl this year?.........or ever! He never signs another deal? It just doesn't make any sense, there is obviously more to this then we know. I am not necessarily concerned about if Jackson shows this week or not.......I am more concerned if he doesn't sign before the season. The longer it goes on the more worried I will become. I want Jackson as my QB. There is no denying his commitment to win.
    It's also possible he doesn't want to negotiate coming off his worst season.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Bisciotti was on record earlier this year talking about how awful life is as an owner without a franchise QB. He's not just letting his cash cow leave town in favor of an assistant coach.
    It's all a ploy to drive Lamar's trade compensation package up, dontch'a know?
    It ain't pretty, but it's us.
    AND I'M HERE FOR IT ALL, BABY.

We were getting healthier...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Unibomber View Post
    I don't even know if it matters with these elite QBs. Dak Prescott on a franchise tag suffers a gruesome leg injury. It was a broken and dislocated ankle. As we experienced with Ronnie Stanley you never quite know the player will return from that kind of injury. The Cowboys sign Prescott to the 2nd highest contract ever at that time. The injury doesn't matter. Dak is in that elite club and therefore he's getting a massive contract. Lamar isn't even coming off a surgery. His recovery was all about time. They also know he was playing without so many pieces and still winning games. Worst year or not when you are in your mid 20s, won a NFL MVP and played at an elite level you are getting paid huge money.

Now it's possible that Lamar doesn't see it that way and he does believe what you are posting. Realistically though it's not going matter. He's going to be one of the highest paid players in the NFL even after last year.

Blog Entries

Lamar had 176 rushing attempts for 1,206 yards in 2019. I don’t think Lamar is even remotely interested in repeating that many carries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

Lol, I think you nailed it. But you aren’t supposed to mention any actual on the field production, so mentioning that MVP is a no go.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Lamar had 176 rushing attempts for 1,206 yards in 2019. I don’t think Lamar is even remotely interested in repeating that many carries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think this statement is so obvious that it isn't insightful. At all.

The question is - of those 176 rushing attempts, how many were called QB runs? How many were designed RPO's where Lamar CHOSE the option of running the ball himself? And how many were pass attempts where they play broke down and he scrambled for a gain?

You're assuming a lack of choice for Lamar. Even if we eliminated all called QB runs and lets say that's a 3rd of the 1206 yards from that year, Is he going to stop choosing to keep the ball on called RPOs? Keep in mind a lot of times he SHOULD be handing the ball off on those, but he makes the wrong call to keep himself (because GASP, he likes making plays). Lets even say we eliminate all called RPOs, is he going to stop running the ball under pressure.

OR, is it just safe to assumed that Lamar's rushing floor is somewhere between 700 and 800 yards, regardless of the offense called / run?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Unibomber View Post
    It’s also possible that he’s simply making a bad financial decision that having an agent would prevent….. it wouldn’t be the first time not having an agent was a mistake for Lamar.
    But, a deal will get done when Lamar is ready.

Lamar wants to win. With a good OL, the threat of Lamar's run game puts defenses in an absolute chokehold, which helps the team win.

Maybe I'm simplistic, but I don't think Lamar gives a fuck if he's running or not. If it helps the team win, he'll do it.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB