Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Worst Special Teams Moments in Ravens History

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    The fact that we have Cundiff and then basically a game or two that you have to search the archives for tells us exactly how spoiled we are. Imagine having ST mishaps multiple times in a season or over several years.

Mine was the JT missed xp in the game were Brees broke some record against us. His face was priceless.

Still don't know what the hell happened on that kick. Ball was headed right down the middle then went sharp right.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Does he? Is he bad? I haven't noticed. The posts I've read from him seem fine.
    Let us say only that as I settle into my foolsgolden years, my sensitivity to & tolerance for "forgettable" posts that are, not to put too fine an edge on it, F.O.S. have melodramatically increased and decreased, respectively. Life is too short.
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

3. Re: Worst Special Teams Moments in Ravens History

I would like to add to one of the best ST moments in Ravens history!

The timing is perfect since Urban just resigned.

Urban's blocked punt, Will Hill returning it to win the game vs the Browns!

Kick-6!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Other than the Cundiff miss, I really hated when NE blocked a Tucker FG, thereby snapping a long streak of FGs made and counted as a miss. Think it was a couple years ago

Haven't seen any mention of Daren Stone's unnecessary roughness penalty from the 2008 season AFC Championship game against the Steelers that cost the Ravens excellent field position late in the fourth quarter to potentially win the game on a field goal.

Turns out Stone was concussed when he made that block out of bounds that pinned the Ravens deep in Steelers territory and led to Troy Polamalu's pick six to seal the Ravens' fate.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable1 View Post
    Sam Koch's retirement is a reminder of how great the Ravens Special Teams units have been. Undoubtedly we remember the great plays:
    Jermaine Lewis's TDs agains the Jets,
    Ray Lewis's FG return on MNF against the Broncos;
    Ed Reed's blocked punt against the (they're all good);
    and Justin Tucker's recent record-setting FG against the Lions.

With so many good memories at the forefront of our collective conscious it's understandable that we may have forgotten the very few bad plays. I imagine Chargers fans probably live in our Special Teams Bizarro Universe.

That said, what are some of our most memorable Special Teams mishaps?

I'll start it off with a terrible one:

Greg Montgomery's black fingernail polish.
    lets not forget the Brent Urban blocked fg Will Fuller's scoop 6 (walk off TD)
    and Calais Campbell's blocked fg this past season vs the Colts to allow us to stay in the game and win it in the end

There are definitely a lot of ST's moments going back to 1996

7. Re: Worst Special Teams Moments in Ravens History

One that really bothers me is the KO return by the Giants in the SB.

The defense winds up giving up what, 150 yds and zero points to the Giants all game, in front of the world, then gets charged with 6 points in the record books because of 2 missed ST tackles.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBasedFan View Post
    One that really bothers me is the KO return by the Giants in the SB.

The defense winds up giving up what, 150 yds and zero points to the Giants all game, in front of the world, then gets charged with 6 points in the record books because of 2 missed ST tackles.
    If I remember correctly Brad Jackson is partly at fault for the Giants return TD because he left his lane on kickoff coverage.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    Haven't seen any mention of Daren Stone's unnecessary roughness penalty from the 2008 season AFC Championship game against the Steelers that cost the Ravens excellent field position late in the fourth quarter to potentially win the game on a field goal.

Turns out Stone was concussed when he made that block out of bounds that pinned the Ravens deep in Steelers territory and led to Troy Polamalu's pick six to seal the Ravens' fate.
    A memory I could have done without re-membering. The forum was ready to stone Stone in the unhealthiest way possible
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post

Marcus Smith was WIDE open on the play where Flacco threw the pick-6. Everyone in the stadium knew Joe was going to look for Mason, so three or four Steelers converged on Mason, leaving Smith all alone. A sure touchdown.

Joe was a rookie, so, fine. But it's another of the great what-ifs of Ravens playoff history.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable1 View Post
    Oh, here's one I just remembered, and just as quickly wish to re-forget:
    Ravens-Redskins -- Justin Tucker's left-footed fake FG.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...d-goal-attempt
    every Ravens fan in the stadium and some Skins fans saw that coming from a mile away. If I recall correctly, JT lined for a left footed kick.

2003 Ravens-Chiefs tied 10-10 late in the fourth and Dante Hall takes one 97 yards. Ravens lose 17-10. Not the worst but still haven’t forgotten it. Was at that game and talk about the air being taken out of a stadium.