Thread: NIL in the NCAA

1. NIL in the NCAA

I figured it was just a matter time until this stuff started up w/NIL. It's such a diverse subject w/so many twists and turns ahead, I'm thinking. It could get ugly. What lies ahead?

https://www.insidehook.com/daily_bri...llege-football

Re: NIL in the NCAA

Eventually this will hurt all college sports because of the monies given to certain players and none to the universities. For the players they better bank that money because if the get injured it goes away.

There is a QB from Texas from last year who signed with Ohio St and got almost a million dollars in NIL money. Then he was buried on the depth chart and has now transferred to Texas. Did he receive any of that money, and will likely receive some from the new school. Its going to screw up a lot of kids.

3. Re: NIL in the NCAA

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    Eventually this will hurt all college sports because of the monies given to certain players and none to the universities. For the players they better bank that money because if the get injured it goes away.

There is a QB from Texas from last year who signed with Ohio St and got almost a million dollars in NIL money. Then he was buried on the depth chart and has now transferred to Texas. Did he receive any of that money, and will likely receive some from the new school. Its going to screw up a lot of kids.
    Yeah, I kinda agree w/all this. Overall, I think it's not going to turn out well. But, it's here and not going away.
    Last edited by blueridgemtnman; 05-20-2022 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Yeah, I kinda agree w/all this. Overall, I think it's not going turn out well. But, it's here and not going away.

It will only go away once people realize they are not getting a good return on their investment.

5. Re: NIL in the NCAA

These kids can't hire agents while in college right .?

Who's going to handle their money, parents. I'd also be willing to bet a few will be settling up with some women .