Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: Madison Cawthorn Self Destructs

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    The fact students don't get enough financial education in high school to be able to assess the roi on their art history, etc. Degree is absurd.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    So, it's the sole responsibility of the school to teach them that? Interesting.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: Madison Cawthorn Self Destructs

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    I would say that is more the responsibility of the school than teaching them about gender bending.

3. Re: Madison Cawthorn Self Destructs

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I would say that is more the responsibility of the school than teaching them about gender bending.
    This is true, but I think the responsibility rests on the parents way more than a school. Call me crazy, I guess. People depending on the schools to teach kids what they should be taught has worked so well here of late, I must say. I say keep burying their collective heads in the sand and blame the teachers. Good plan.

Tbh I'm surprized there is not some form of a fiscally responsible class when it comes to interests and late payments. We all know not all parents understand fiscal responsibility and since there is hard earned tax doolers running govt run schools teach the kids the best way to navigate the use of credit in general.
    I don't know a lot but I know a little

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beerracuda View Post
    That's not by accident, trust me. As an employee for a University, I remember a couple years ago a line of students waiting to enter one of the dorms. When I asked what the line was for, they told me they were waiting to go in to pet a therapy dog, to relieve stress over mid-term exams. As much as I wanted to say something, I had to bite my lip and walk away.

They also set up "safe spaces" for students so they wouldn't have to face the realities of life.

Sent from my ass using Tapatalk
    Soft ass generation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Soft ass generation.

A monkey pox on all of them.

7. Re: Madison Cawthorn Self Destructs

Quote Originally Posted by Willbacker View Post
    Tbh I'm surprized there is not some form of a fiscally responsible class when it comes to interests and late payments. We all know not all parents understand fiscal responsibility and since there is hard earned tax doolers running govt run schools teach the kids the best way to navigate the use of credit in general.
    Nothing whatsoever wrong w/them teaching some of that.

8. Re: Madison Cawthorn Self Destructs

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    A monkey pox on all of them.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8uVSzVY8kQ

9. Re: Madison Cawthorn Self Destructs

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Soft ass generation.

How did they get that way?

10. Re: Madison Cawthorn Self Destructs

How did they get that way?
    Havent you heard? Everyone gets a trophy.

While I was never one for telling my kid life is nothing but work and misery I did try and instill in him the credo "no workie - no eatie" and the only person you can evr really count on is yourself.

To many parents seem to prioritize a childs "feelings" over impressing upon them there will always be things in life we dont like but we still need to do them.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBasedFan View Post
    Havent you heard? Everyone gets a trophy.

While I was never one for telling my kid life is nothing but work and misery I did try and instill in him the credo "no workie - no eatie" and the only person you can evr really count on is yourself.

To many parents seem to prioritize a childs "feelings" over impressing upon them there will always be things in life we dont like but we still need to do them.
    I took the "anything worth doing takes effort and work" approach.

12. Re: Madison Cawthorn Self Destructs

Quote Originally Posted by Willbacker View Post
    I’ve been hoping for something like this in schools for a long time. Seems like a no-brainer, but the curriculum is lacking and should be tailored in my opinion. There was a piece I read a while back about it that had this to say…

“…we know from research that those who prosper in our world do so not just because they’re hardworking, disciplined, or financially savvy but also because the system works in their favor. Family background and birthplace matter significantly. Individuals who grow up in middle-class and upper-class families benefit from intergenerational transfers of wealth, inherited advantages based on class and race, and the transmission of social capital, including opportunity hoarding, when parents secure the best schools, internships, networking opportunities, and employment for their children.

…financial literacy standards neglect these crucial lessons about money. Students are expected to make the “right” financial decisions and behave responsibly while the curriculum keeps mum about the misbehavior of the rich and powerful. There is nothing, for example, about moneyed interests rigging the system through corporate lobbying, political action committees, and deregulated campaign contributions to win economic advantages such as offshore tax breaks and domestic tax loopholes. Nor do the curricula ask hard questions about who deserves a big paycheck and who does not.”