Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Madison Cawthorn Self Destructs

I saw it coming. A fresh new face, albeit a young one, was just not cut out for this. I supported him from the beginning, even helped w/his campaign a few years back to help get him elected. It wasn't his politics that did him in. No problem in that department. He was just a young, brash kid that has a lot of growing up to do. Ironically, it was his youth that made me want to support him. He did it all to himself. I didn't vote for him this time around. The point of all this is that it takes more than agreeing w/someone's politics for me. I know for lots of people, it doesn't matter, as long as they have the right letter behind their name. I'll be the first to admit right upfront that I was wrong w/this dude. Next time, if there is one, I do more digging, although it's tough to discover what most people are made of until they get out there and show you. This time, I was wrong. Cya Madison. Now go do some growing up, kid.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2022...-congress.html

Re: Madison Cawthorn Self Destructs

Who ended up winning the R Primary?

3. Re: Madison Cawthorn Self Destructs

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    Who ended up winning the R Primary?
    Edwards, who is a state senator RINO. Didn't vote for him, either, although I knew he'd win. It was still quite close, around 500 votes apart.

Blog Entries

25 is awfully young to be elected to Congress. He'll probably be back, older and wiser, or at least better at hiding his flaws.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

5. Re: Madison Cawthorn Self Destructs

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    25 is awfully young to be elected to Congress. He'll probably be back, older and wiser, or at least better at hiding his flaws.
    I agree it's a bit too young. It shouldn't be, but obviously is. I still strongly feel we need some younger blood in Congress and the WH. At least a good mix. He wasn't it.

Not so sure of that with his talk of congressional orgies and coke bumps. He either a liar on his congressional brothers and sisters or its a "First rule of fight club is you don't talk about fight club" situation.

Blog Entries

Not so sure of that with his talk of congressional orgies and coke bumps. He either a liar on his congressional brothers and sisters or its a "First rule of fight club is you don't talk about fight club" situation.
    Definitely this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    I agree it's a bit too young. It shouldn't be, but obviously is. I still strongly feel we need some younger blood in Congress and the WH. At least a good mix. He wasn't it.
    I'd still rather vote for somebody like him than a career politician. The difference is, their flaws are hidden - his were exposed. Yet they are far less insidious than those who are a part of the cesspool.

Blog Entries

The latter. He was outed because he didn't go with the flow.

10. Re: Madison Cawthorn Self Destructs

I'd still rather vote for somebody like him than a career politician. The difference is, their flaws are hidden - his were exposed. Yet they are far less insidious than those who are a part of the cesspool.
    No argument here. Even though I didn't vote for him, I still didn't vote for the establishment RINO. I couldn't bring myself to do either.

Too young. Republicans dont need young and dumb and highly visible. Democrats can have that territory.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Too young. Republicans dont need young and dumb and highly visible. Democrats can have that territory.

Nah, Rs definitely need some youth in their ranks.