Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Re: What if I told you…

Do I remember correctly that the first 30 for 30 was Barry Levinson's doc on the Colts Marching Band? And the first Hard Knocks episode featured that Ravens team coming off the SuperBowl win.

Wasn't the title 30-for-30 meant to describe 30 documentaries ESPN commissioned to celebrate 30 years of broadcasting?
    "That's what."
    — She

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Do I remember correctly that the first 30 for 30 was Barry Levinson's doc on the Colts Marching Band? And the first Hard Knocks episode featured that Ravens team coming off the SuperBowl win.

Wasn't the title 30-for-30 meant to describe 30 documentaries ESPN commissioned to celebrate 30 years of broadcasting?
    According to Wiki, the Colts Marching Band doc was the second 30 for 30 to air. The first detailed Wayne Gretzky trade from the Oilers to the Kings in 88 called “Kings Ransom”…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks. Close.
    "That's what."
    — She

4. Re: What if I told you…

Quote Originally Posted by John Morris View Post
    Agreed. You ALWAYS had confidence that D would change the game somehow. That definitely turned the tide right before the half because the Jets were going in at the time. I believe they were inside the 10 on 3 separate occasions and only got a field goal out of it. How many games are you gonna win by 14 points and be outgained in yards 524 - 142 ????? That's what 6 turnovers and 3 goal line stands will do for you.
    Also Jermaine Lewis. His two PR TDs ended up being a big part of that 14 point win.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    That might've been the only game in NFL history with that stat line, lol.
    This game immediately came to mind: https://www.pro-football-reference.c...0212080pit.htm

If anyone has a stathead sub, I think this query will get you there: https://stathead.com/tiny/ahBs9
    I don't have a sub, but I only see two results, so maybe these are the only two games.

edit: confirmed those are the only two games that meet criteria of +14 PD and -350 yardage differential - https://stathead.com/tiny/ju2Ck
    Last edited by organizedchaos21; 07-08-2022 at 12:44 PM.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    Also Jermaine Lewis. His two PR TDs ended up being a big part of that 14 point win.

This game immediately came to mind: https://www.pro-football-reference.c...0212080pit.htm

If anyone has a stathead sub, I think this query will get you there: https://stathead.com/tiny/ahBs9
    I don't have a sub, but I only see two results, so maybe these are the only two games.

edit: confirmed those are the only two games that meet criteria of +14 PD and -350 yardage differential - https://stathead.com/tiny/ju2Ck
    Wow!

HOU PIT
    First Downs 3 24
    Rush-Yds-TDs 26-37-0 31-128-0
    Cmp-Att-Yd-TD-INT 3-10-33-0-0 31-58-326-0-2
    Sacked-Yards 4-23 6-32
    Net Pass Yards 10 294
    Total Yards 47 422
    Fumbles-Lost 3-1 3-3
    Turnovers 1 5
    Penalties-Yards 1-18 8-57
    Third Down Conv. 1-12 8-23
    Fourth Down Conv. 0-0 3-5
    Time of Possession 20:19 39:41

Houston had 47 total yards on offense. LOL! I am sorry I missed this, would have had a great time on the Steelers forums that week.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Wow!

HOU PIT
    First Downs 3 24
    Rush-Yds-TDs 26-37-0 31-128-0
    Cmp-Att-Yd-TD-INT 3-10-33-0-0 31-58-326-0-2
    Sacked-Yards 4-23 6-32
    Net Pass Yards 10 294
    Total Yards 47 422
    Fumbles-Lost 3-1 3-3
    Turnovers 1 5
    Penalties-Yards 1-18 8-57
    Third Down Conv. 1-12 8-23
    Fourth Down Conv. 0-0 3-5
    Time of Possession 20:19 39:41

Houston had 47 total yards on offense. LOL! I am sorry I missed this, would have had a great time on the Steelers forums that week.
    Turns out that "Turnovers" line is the only relevant line in that table. (It often is.) Three of those five turnovers went for TDs, so it also explains all the other discrepancies. Pitt has a long drive, turnover for a TD, immediately gets the ball back for another long drive while Houston's offense stays on the sidelines.

Other fun stuff about that game. Houston had two drives of 19 yards. Every other drive was 7 yards or less, including four drives of negative yardage. They punted on every single offensive drive except the last one: the last drive they LOST five yards, and then kicked a FG. They had started on Pitt's 20 after a Randle-El muffed punt.
    Last edited by HotInHere; 07-11-2022 at 02:50 PM.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Turns out that "Turnovers" line is the only relevant line in that table. (It often is.) Three of those five turnovers went for TDs, so it also explains all the other discrepancies. Pitt has a long drive, turnover for a TD, immediately gets the ball back for another long drive while Houston's offense stays on the sidelines.
    While I get that, Houston did have a number of drives that still only netted 47 yards. They had 36 plays for 47 yards averaging a about yard and a half per offensive play and still blew the Steelers out.

That some good forum smack right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    While I get that, Houston did have a number of drives that still only netted 47 yards. They had 36 plays for 47 yards averaging a about yard and a half per offensive play and still blew the Steelers out.

That some good forum smack right there.
    Oh yeah, they got their asses kicked. I added some stuff to my post above. Houston could've had 100 drives and still wouldn't have scored an offensive TD. Houston was an second-year expansion team, and Pittsburgh's front seven was monstrous.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Oh yeah, they got their asses kicked. I added some stuff to my post above. Houston could've had 100 drives and still wouldn't have scored an offensive TD. Houston was an second-year expansion team, and Pittsburgh's front seven was monstrous.
    Yep, Pittsburgh smacked their asses around except on the scoreboard.

To use a reference from then; WAR TOMMY MADDOX!

2 picks and a fumble for TDs!

You have to really suck on offense to lose with a defense playing like that.

10. Re: What if I told you…

Actually, the Texans were a *first-year* expansion franchise at the time in 2002. You may recall that they took Jamie Sharper & Jermaine Lewis back-to-back during their 2002 expansion draft following the Ravens' 2001 repeat run attempt that fell short prior to that famed salary cap purge of excellent, high-paid veterans & also lots of championship contributors.

By the way, an extremely inexperienced aka young BaltimOrganization defeated the aforementioned Houston expansion team on the road that same season — 'twas a nail-biter that went down to the wire — thanks to one of my all-time favorite Ravens, Backup/Dime SS & LB + ST Ace (The '4NTHONY LEV1NE' of the 2002–2005 era) #49 Chad Williams' diving interception in the waning moments of regulation to seal the deal!
    Last edited by ⋔ 4 ℞ ℞ $; 07-12-2022 at 10:36 PM.