Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Re: What if I told you…

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Yes, he was an alcoholic. He was tracking to be a first ballot HOF if he laid off the booze. I remember one game where he was sent home from SD by Billick. I think it might have been the day before the game.
    I won't disagree. Always remember later in his career, that 07 game against the Patriots, he missed several games beforehand with a knee injury and they shut him down after that game. But even hobbled he held Randy Moss to his lowest yardage all year. Very talented player.

True, but IIRC, he took a while to "get it", so to speak. Not sure what the issue was with his development, but he didn't really start making an impact until '99.
    I still have my purple Boulware jersey. He had 20 sacks combined in 97 & 98! :)

Yes, he was an alcoholic. He was tracking to be a first ballot HOF if he laid off the booze. I remember one game where he was sent home from SD by Billick. I think it might have been the day before the game.
    Yeah it sucks, he was in it deep with the booze. He sobered up at one point and I hope he's still on the wagon - he's the kind of guy that needs to stay far away from the stuff. Not a drop.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy_Carcetti View Post
    I always thought the 2000 Ravens were recompense from the Football Gods for keeping Baltimore out of the NFL for 13 years.
    I can sign onto that belief. Never tempt the Football Gods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy_Carcetti View Post
    I always thought the 2000 Ravens were recompense from the Football Gods for keeping Baltimore out of the NFL for 13 years.
    Thought about this post last week when I saw the news crawl reporting that the NFL Combine would remain in Indianapolis.

It would be worth a chuckle to see Baltimore become the home of the Combine.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable1 View Post
    Thought about this post last week when I saw the news crawl reporting that the NFL Combine would remain in Indianapolis.

It would be worth a chuckle to see Baltimore become the home of the Combine.
    Indy - a town you have to drive AROUND on the Interstates - I-70 and I-65 are closed downtown.

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    I think he played for the Saints after us and was also either sent home from a game or practice for being drunk. I dont remember him having any other issues as a Raven. Seems like he just had that sickness and couldn't shake it.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    I remember thinking when that happened, "Guy with drinking problem is going to go play in *New Orleans.* This will end well."

I hope he's okay.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

The 30 for 30 marathon starts Saturday at 2 est. they have one show that’s the history of the 70 Colts.
    Sunday night at 11 is 2000 Ravens.

Great series to put in your list and watch when you are in the mood for football

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    The 30 for 30 marathon starts Saturday at 2 est. they have one show that’s the history of the 70 Colts.
    Sunday night at 11 is 2000 Ravens.

Great series to put in your list and watch when you are in the mood for football
    You meant America’s Game

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    You meant America’s Game
    Yup - America's game. I now have Football Life, 30 for 30 and soon to have America's Game to fill the football void. Looks like some good ones this weekend.

Blog Entries

When is this ESPN documentary set to be released?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    When is this ESPN documentary set to be released?
    After the bye