Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Landry to the Saints

Deonte Harty Is that small fast WR I would be asking about from the saints. Him or Calloway who is the bigger body type.

They have a crowded receiver room now

2. Re: Landry to the Saints

Quote Originally Posted by simplesimon View Post
    I can't believe people are upset that the Ravens didn't get Landy lol!! A slow, injury prone on the decline receiver who the Browns didn't want anymore. Ravens fans need to have more pride in themselves than to worry over Landry.
    LOL yeah I'm definitely not losing any sleep over Landry
    You guys wanna hear a funny joke?

DEAN PEES............That is all

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Yeah I have said for a while if they want anyone good they have to trade or draft them. Signing them on the open market is not going to work.
    100%...I've said the same. Not sure why I got kinda caught up in thinking this might have happened. Hope springs eternal I guess.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

We might want to take a chance on Will Fuller at this point.

Landry would have helped our receiver room. He wasn't a cure but he would have helped. My problem with this coaching regime is that they have always over-valued our talent and the their ability to make players better. When they find they don't have those guys we are left shorthanded going into the season.....Then we have scenarios like last year where Proche breaks out and the following week he is not active.

At least in terms of receiver coaches we have the two guys who were brought in last year and our receivers played markedly better. In fact I wish Harbaugh would have made Tee Martin our new OC.

We're at a fork in the road here. EDC has to find a multi-year solution here to pair with Bateman.

You can go sign TY Hilton and continue being a wildcard caliber team that can't get over the hump or you can make a sizeable trade that gives you a legitimate shot to compete for a SB. If their decision is to continue down the road of Crabtree, Maclin, Dez then they will end up in the same exact spot as they did then. Underwhelmed and under-manned to compete with the elite AFC teams in the playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post
    Worst WR core in the league confirmed.

But it’s not like it hasn’t been there before and we performed alright.
    Was the #1 scoring offense deemed “alright” because we absolutely had the worst WR corps in football in 2019. I would wager worse than today’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    We might want to take a chance on Will Fuller at this point.
    I kind of want us to bark up the Tyrell Williams tree…

Quote Originally Posted by beavery View Post
    Landry would have helped our receiver room. He wasn't a cure but he would have helped. My problem with this coaching regime is that they have always over-valued our talent and the their ability to make players better. When they find they don't have those guys we are left shorthanded going into the season.....Then we have scenarios like last year where Proche breaks out and the following week he is not active.

At least in terms of receiver coaches we have the two guys who were brought in last year and our receivers played markedly better. In fact I wish Harbaugh would have made Tee Martin our new OC.
    I have never seen someone contradict themselves so many times in such short succession…

I also don't understand Landry's thought process if it was legitimately a choice between Ravens and Saints. For a guy that talks about "Legacy" and "Being a Champion" all the time it just doesn't add up. The Saints don't have Payton and they don't have a QB. They aren't a bad team by any stretch but there's nearly a 0% shot he wins a ring there in the immediate future.

Seems like the LSU connection, Mathieu connection, "I'm Coming Home" thing mattered to him more than actually trying to become a Champion if that was in fact his final 2 teams

Wagner picking the Rams over us made sense to me, they're more prepared to compete for a Championship than us right now, this Landry one just feels like nostalgia tour non-sense

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    We're at a fork in the road here. EDC has to find a multi-year solution here to pair with Bateman.

You can go sign TY Hilton and continue being a wildcard caliber team that can't get over the hump or you can make a sizeable trade that gives you a legitimate shot to compete for a SB. If their decision is to continue down the road of Crabtree, Maclin, Dez then they will end up in the same exact spot as they did then. Underwhelmed and under-manned to compete with the elite AFC teams in the playoffs
    So the difference between a wildcard team and SB contender in your mind rests exclusively at the WR position?

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I have never seen someone contradict themselves so many times in such short succession…

I'm a lawyer...LOL