Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Green Dot

The Green Dot

Hamilton was wearing it during practice today. Is this just a rookie camp thing? Or sign of things to come?

Re: The Green Dot

Both. It’s a Rookie camp.. so who better to wear it than him. See how comfortable he is with it. I think he’ll be fine with it. Apparently, one of his attributes is that he’s highly intelligent, as he’s a member of Mensa.

I’m not really a fan of Chuck Clark. And I can’t hate for Hamilton to replace him. Lol

Blog Entries

Both. Right now it is entirely a rookie thing, it is rookie camp. Time to start learning and training. But until he progresses during the season from a substitution package to a 3 down starter, it may be a sign of things to come. IMO he has too much to learn early. If Clark goes down, Bynes gets the dot for his 2 downs and unsure who has it in passing situations.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Quote Originally Posted by Davesta View Post
    Both. It’s a Rookie camp.. so who better to wear it than him. See how comfortable he is with it. I think he’ll be fine with it. Apparently, one of his attributes is that he’s highly intelligent, as he’s a member of Mensa.

I’m not really a fan of Chuck Clark. And I can’t hate for Hamilton to replace him. Lol
    Agreed, never liked Clark and I hope Hamilton is the new green dot. Without the Dot, what is Clark?

Not surprised Hamilton is a member of Mensa. His interviews are a great watch and he seems like a Genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Without the Dot, what is Clark?
    Not alot. I know he was injured often but boy o boy Williams, Hamilton and Elliot could have let them stay in Nickel forever. I'm sure we will see all 3 with Chuck but it wont be as potent.

Hamilton gave the best interview ive ever seen from a rookie and is a football player born, what a gift from the Draft gods. If that isnt his D by his sophmore year ill eat my hat.

Blog Entries

Chuck Clark did have a strange tweet yesterday

https://twitter.com/ChuckC36?ref_src...-on-twitter%2F

Tweet
    See new Tweets
    Conversation

Chuck Clark
    @ChuckC36
    This 🤫 can go one or two ways. It can go Up it can go Down. Either way I’m Prepared !!
    10:18 PM · May 6, 2022·Twitter for iPhone
    Retweets
    Quote Tweets

Blog Entries

Here is an interesting thought from FilmStudy

https://twitter.com/FilmstudyRavens/...84767464329216

Tweet
    See new Tweets
    Conversation
    Ken McKusick
    @FilmstudyRavens
    If the
    @Ravens
    do trade Chuck Clark, it appears likely they will replace passing-down snaps for Clark with passing-down snaps for Patrick Queen.

#RavensFlock
    11:45 PM · May 6, 2022·TweetDeck

Blog Entries

I guess that whole 3 Safety scheme that Macdonald uses last year in Michigan would be off the table. It would be more linebacker and that linebacker would be Queen. Honestly I was excited for the 3 Safety looks.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I guess that whole 3 Safety scheme that Macdonald uses last year in Michigan would be off the table. It would be more linebacker and that linebacker would be Queen. Honestly I was excited for the 3 Safety looks.
    Me too. The possibilities to decieve and confuse QBs will be endless. Even Williams can come up in play in the box from time to time, too.

That said, if Hamilton can wear the dot it would be the best result because he's the guy you're going to want on the field 100% of the time with Chuck becoming Safety 3 + dimebacker.

I just wonder what the people who hate Chuck because of his limited athleticism are going to think about the slower Hamilton this time next year? I understand that Hamilton's great intelligence/instincts mean he's in the right place most of the time but he was getting there against college athletes. There will be plays where he gets burned for speed.

Will those people who seemingly evaluate Safeties on a few plays per season appreciate Hamiton if they can't appreciate the lesser version in Clark? I suppose it will all come down to interception numbers. If he gets them, they'll love him, if not...

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I wouldn’t quite say that yet. Geno stone really came on at the end of last season. Honestly, he showed me more talent than Clark.

I wouldn’t quite say that yet. Geno stone really came on at the end of last season. Honestly, he showed me more talent than Clark.
    I like Geno but I don't know what you're watching if you think he's better than Clark. Why did the Ravens get it so wrong by paying Chuck and putting him out there every play, while moving Stone to the practice squad, if he's more talented?

Stone's certainly less versatile than Chuck, more of a deep safety, which would limit the amount of deception possible from 3 Safety looks.

I agree, they were going to do a lot of 3 safety stuff before the Hamilton trade, I don't think trading Clark would change that.

I don't want to trade him if we can keep him...maybe a small modest raise would help, but if he's looking for a significant pay bump, I think his value starts to decrease.

Film has been an enormous fan of Clark's since he got in the lineup in 2020, especially at his salary so I know this would really be disappointing to him, but I think even he would say as his pay increases, his value decreases.

Personally, IMHO he's one of those guys who is more valuable to us than he is the rest of the league...I don't think there is going to be a significant market for him in a trade nor do I think he'll get more money.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.