Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Free talk Friday - 05.06.22

Thanks. Congrats to your two year olds.
    "That's what."
    — She

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Enjoy them now, before you have to add them to your cellphone and car insurance plans.

J/K

It's amazing how fast they grow up.

My 25 year old son is in the Philippines visiting his girlfriend. I found out (on Instagram -- kids today!?) that this happened...

She graduated from the USNA last year, that's how they met. Not quite ready to be a father in law yet, but life has a way of marching forward, and I am so happy for them.

So, ITT, enjoy them when they are small...and whatever the hell else happens.
    The Philippines? Looks like the apple fell far from the tree

They make quite a handsome couple ... Bc

Very busy and exciting weekend for the Hall clan

Daughter graduates from college
    ( Millersville ) tomorrow. Graduation then a celebratory dinner. Last child at home.

Then Mother’s Day brunch with the fam Sunday.
    This rain could go away though 🙄

Enjoy them now, before you have to add them to your cellphone and car insurance plans.

J/K

My 25 year old son is in the Philippines visiting his girlfriend. I found out (on Instagram -- kids today!?) that this happened...

She graduated from the USNA last year, that's how they met. Not quite ready to be a father in law yet, but life has a way of marching forward, and I am so happy for them.

Congrats.

Blog Entries

J/K

USNA as in the Naval Academy? Is she active and going to be deployed?

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    USNA as in the Naval Academy? Is she active and going to be deployed?
    Yes. She graduated from Annapolis last May. Her country paid her to send her to USNA, so she has an obligation as an officer in the Philippines. Lots of questions still how that plays out. My son visited while she was on leave for a week, proposed, and now, not sure.

Funny story from when they were dating. They missed getting her back to the dorm and past the gate too late on a Saturday night and thought it was big trouble. But turns out he has high clearance working for a gov't contractor so he was able to flash his credentials and the guards at the gate said, geeze, you outrank us, and so he was able to get her in and out without what would have been a bad scene.
    "That's what."
    — She

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    The Philippines? Looks like the apple fell far from the tree

They make quite a handsome couple ... Bc
    Thanks BC. He's his own man. But funny enough, my dating tastes when I was his age skewed somewhat similarly. Funny how DNA works, perhaps?
    "That's what."
    — She

Blog Entries

Yes. She graduated from Annapolis last May. Her country paid her to send her to USNA, so she has an obligation as an officer in the Philippines. Lots of questions still how that plays out. My son visited while she was on leave for a week, proposed, and now, not sure.

Funny story from when they were dating. They missed getting her back to the dorm and past the gate too late on a Saturday night and thought it was big trouble. But turns out he has high clearance working for a gov't contractor so he was able to flash his credentials and the guards at the gate said, geeze, you outrank us, and so he was able to get her in and out without what would have been a bad scene.
    I have a feeling they will have a whole bunch funny stories coming up. It's awesome that 2 people from half way across the world met at the exact right time and fell in love. I hope they will be very happy as they figure out the very complicated logistics of their careers. Mazel tov!

One of my best friends at work is from the Philippines. Her birthday is 1 day before mine but it happens to be the same year. We've always celebrated together. I keep joking that since we started this in our 30s and are now in our 50s that somehow I've gained 10 years on her in looks. It's the old Matthew McConaughey line I keep getting older but she keeps staying the same age

I have a feeling they will have a whole bunch funny stories coming up. It's awesome that 2 people from half way across the world met at the exact right time and fell in love. I hope they will be very happy as they figure out the very complicated logistics of their careers. Mazel tov!

One of my best friends at work is from the Philippines. Her birthday is 1 day before mine but it happens to be the same year. We've always celebrated together. I keep joking that since we started this in our 30s and are now in our 50s that somehow I've gained 10 years on her in looks. It's the old Matthew McConaughey line I keep getting older but she keeps staying the same age
    I need to hit Mama Rosa's grill now for some Filipino food. Love that place.

Congrats shas

Blog Entries

Cool Re: Free talk Friday - 05.06.22

Thanks BC. He's his own man. But funny enough, my dating tastes when I was his age skewed somewhat similarly. Funny how DNA works, perhaps?
    LOL Shas, I am reminded of what someone (?) once said, "Insanity is inherited, we get it from our children." ... Bc

It's awesome that 2 people from half way across the world met at the exact right time and fell in love. I hope they will be very happy as they figure out the very complicated logistics of their careers. Mazel tov!
    Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Congrats shas
    Thank you, both!
    "That's what."
    — She