Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Supreme Court has voted to overturn abortion rights, draft opinion shows

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Oh well. If the price for protecting innocent life is that a bunch of do nothing RINO's don't take over congress, so be it.
    It's political reality that this is bad news for Republicans ahead of the next election. It's a huge deal. The timing of it sucks.

It allows Democrats to change the subject.

I was worried the first thing Republicans would do after winning back the majority is something controversial that immediately put them on the defensive and weakened their rule.

That it's happening now is worse. This is a huge turnout thing for Dems and a decisive issue for a lot of people that might not have been paying attention.

Plus Democrats have shown no shame in using any and every crisis to further their leftist agenda. They are completely out of control that way already. This leak is proof they are out of control.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    It's political reality that this is bad news for Republicans ahead of the next election. It's a huge deal. The timing of it sucks.

I was worried the first thing Republicans would do after winning back the majority is something controversial that immediately put them on the defensive and weakened their rule.

That it's happening now is worse. This is a huge turnout thing for Dems and a decisive issue for a lot of people that might not have been paying attention.

Plus Democrats have shown no shame in using any and every crisis to further their leftist agenda. They are completely out of control that way already. This leak is proof they are out of control.
    52%+ of the country is on the side of ending/limiting abortion.

This is a fundraising issue for the Dems with the extreme end of their base, nothing more.

https://www.lifenews.com/2021/06/09/...-made-illegal/

Quote Originally Posted by Beerracuda View Post
    It's not going to work. In the 6 months between now and election day, I expect a lot of corruption (and worse) to be exposed through John Durham via indictments. I also expect the source of this leak to be exposed, which I expect originated from someone on Sotomayor's staff, or maybe even that corrupt POS Roberts.

And then there's Dinesh D'Souza's movie which caught them dead to rights on massive election fraud. Add to that the current state of the country and inflation, and the anger towards the Dems will be off the charts.

Sent from my ass using Tapatalk

People are more concerned about their pocket than people who can't control their sex lives.

If a recession happens no one will care about abortion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    People are more concerned about their pocket than people who can't control their sex lives.

If a recession happens no one will care about abortion.
    People are reminded every week at the grocery store and gas pump.

Right out of the gate the Republican side of the Senate and Congress slams the fact that this leak and the highest court in the land has now been utterly compromised.
    The SCOTUS pretty much comes out with very similar sentiments.
    The Dems??
    Immediately ignore how bad of a thing the compromise and leak is to our "democracy" (their favorite catch word lately) and go on an attack of the Republican nominated side of the Supreme Court for their perceived lying.

It is unfreakin' believable how screwed up and clueless they really are!!
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

This is actually bad. Democrats are going to now have an issue to mitigate a November blowout and may even use this as an excuse to pack the court.
    Yep, this gives the Dems blowout wins in November. Very stupid timing by Republicans.

By then all the massively blue states will have ‘protected’ abortion rights and people will realize, one its a state issue and two little is going to change except for the length of time after pregnancy an abortion will be allowed
    Last edited by blah3; 05-03-2022 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    Yep, this gives the Dems blowout wins in November. Very stupid timing by Republicans.
    Not really, it just changes the subject and motivates people to get out and vote that might normally be so disgusted by the current crop of losers they'd sit on their hands.

Mostly it will help by sucking the oxygen out of flaming Hindenburg of dementia that is the Biden presidency. Gives the media something to bleat about rather than how bad Democrats suck.

It may cost them some races.
    Last edited by BustOfPallas; 05-03-2022 at 12:37 PM.

It's not that big of an issue. There is an extremely vocal minority on both sides of the argument, but it's not a table-top discussion. Republicans just need to focus on the issues that affect Americans, like the terrible economy.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

10. Re: Supreme Court has voted to overturn abortion rights, draft opinion shows

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Good. It's about time. Now, send it all back to the states and Congress and let them do their freakin' jobs for once. Same w/weed and a multitude of other issues that should be decided at the state level.
    While I agree with the basis of your sentiment (states rights / congress) in this particular incidence I have to disagree.

IMHO the government, any level of government, has no business getting involved in this at all. This smacks of intrusion on the highest level. I am personally no fan of abortion by any means but I do believe the government has no business getting involved in decisions between a patient and their doctor be it abortion or assisted suicide for end stage terminally ill people.

If the government can legislate the terms of something as personal as a pregnancy telling a female its ok to have an abortion under these conditions but unless that certain bar is met she becomes a criminal there is absolutely no aspect of our lives that cant be considered fair game. Shades of Orwell.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBasedFan View Post
    While I agree with the basis of your sentiment (states rights / congress) in this particular incidence I have to disagree.

IMHO the government, any level of government, has no business getting involved in this at all. This smacks of intrusion on the highest level. I am personally no fan of abortion by any means but I do believe the government has no business getting involved in decisions between a patient and their doctor be it abortion or assisted suicide for end stage terminally ill people.

If the government can legislate the terms of something as personal as a pregnancy telling a female its ok to have an abortion under these conditions but unless that certain bar is met she becomes a criminal there is absolutely no aspect of our lives that cant be considered fair game. Shades of Orwell.

Where will it stop?
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Those of you who think restricting another’s freedoms is a good idea, may need to rethink your political ideology.

Are you for Freedom or just a RINO?