Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Blog Entries

Re: D'Andre Hopkins suspended for 6 games due to PED

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    I bet they shop Nuk after they sign Murray to a long term deal.

Nuk is elite, but he's been unavailable for a bug portion of his stint in Arizona, he's expensive and they have acquired a lot of players at WR
    What is someone going to trade for the 2nd highest paid WR in the NFL coming off an injury and suspension? I don't think he's tradable.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    You could call it performance enhancing, depending on the performance
    I thought that comment was directed at the OP and not Hopkins

Hopkins said his failed test was from November. Is that around the time he was recovering from injury? Someone mentioned earlier that he may have been trying to recover from some nagging stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I thought that comment was directed at the OP and not Hopkins
    Def was lol

5. Re: D'Andre Hopkins suspended for 6 games due to PED

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    It's real simple actually - he was HIGH. To the point where he OD's in his car in the parking lot. Between the constant suspensions and the refusal to get clean when he wasn't, he never had a clear enough head or a clean enough body to get his shit together. He always had the ability, every one of his teammates from the time confirm that. He just couldn't get right until after he proved himself undependable here. The Ravens tried to stash him a little longer but that bastard Gruden saw him during those stupid joint practices. Another reason they won't be doing those anymore.
    The Raiders saw PS member Darren Waller catching balls before a game against the Ravens in Baltimore on November 25th, 2018, not some preseason joint practice that never happened. Ever since, directly due to this, the Ravens rule is PS players no longer practice on field prior to games. Also, the Ravens just did a joint practice with the Panthers last Summer (which was where Derek Wolfe initially got injured), and they will continue to do so, as will almost all other franchises — if not every one — in the league.

In fact, that is precisely how BAL found Carolina camp cut, Trenton Cannon, to fill in as 3rd Down RB & on ST for Week 1 against none other than the Las Vegas Raiders, coincidentally enough. Additionally, those joint practices probably played a factor in seeing what Josh Bynes still had left to bring him back to PS following his Panthers release — and eventually sign him to the active roster after Patrick Queen's struggles as the 'Mike' for the first handful of games.
    Last edited by ⋔ 4 ℞ ℞ $; 05-03-2022 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ⋔ 4 ℞ ℞ $ View Post
    The Raiders saw PS member Darren Waller catching balls before a game against the Ravens in Baltimore on November 25th, 2018, not some preseason joint practice that never happened. Ever since, directly due to this, the Ravens rule is PS players no longer practice on field prior to games. Also, the Ravens just did a joint practice with the Panthers last Summer (which was where Derek Wolfe initially got injured), and they will continue to do so, as will almost all other franchises — if not every one — in the league.

In fact, that is precisely how BAL found Carolina camp cut, Trenton Cannon, to fill in as 3rd Down RB & on ST for Week 1 against none other than the Las Vegas Raiders, coincidentally enough. Additionally, those joint practices probably played a factor in seeing what Josh Bynes still had left to bring him back to PS following his Panthers release — and eventually sign him to the active roster after Patrick Queen's struggles as the 'Mike' for the first handful of games.
    Thank you for the correction on Waller and when exactly Gruden got eyes on him. However, I thought I read an article earlier this offseason that said the team would not be participating in joint practices anymore? Maybe they just meant this season, but at the time I read it, I thought they meant going forward.
    Point being - Fuck Gruden!

Here was the article - I guess you're probably right that they will possibly continue them in the future, but definitely not this season:

https://www.si.com/nfl/ravens/news/r...-more-injuries

"...At the midpoint of last season, the Ravens held the No. 1 seed in the AFC playoffs. Just over two months later, Baltimore failed to make the playoffs as the injuries continued to accumulate and the team finished 8-9.

Harbaugh does not want a repeat performance.

Baltimore will not hold any joint practices during training camp to help prevent injuries. Last year, defensive lineman Derek Wolfe was injured during the session with the Carolina Panthers and did not appear in a regular-season game.

Furthermore, Harbaugh plans to overhaul the entire practice schedule.

"It'll be a little bit shorter, a little more execution-oriented, less competitive type of practice," Harbaugh said.

The Ravens recently hired Adrian Dixon to take over as the new head athletic trainer...."

8. Re: D'Andre Hopkins suspended for 6 games due to PED

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Here was the article - I guess you're probably right that they will possibly continue them in the future, but definitely not this season:

https://www.si.com/nfl/ravens/news/r...-more-injuries

"...At the midpoint of last season, the Ravens held the No. 1 seed in the AFC playoffs. Just over two months later, Baltimore failed to make the playoffs as the injuries continued to accumulate and the team finished 8-9.

Harbaugh does not want a repeat performance.

Baltimore will not hold any joint practices during training camp to help prevent injuries. Last year, defensive lineman Derek Wolfe was injured during the session with the Carolina Panthers and did not appear in a regular-season game.

Furthermore, Harbaugh plans to overhaul the entire practice schedule.

"It'll be a little bit shorter, a little more execution-oriented, less competitive type of practice," Harbaugh said.

The Ravens recently hired Adrian Dixon to take over as the new head athletic trainer...."
    Huh, good to know. Thanks for the info! Can't say I disagree with that change-up. Albeit, one good thing about joint practices is this: At least you don't have the "Friendly Fire" mishaps where potentially two of your own starters could go down with injuries at the same time in the midst of a play, like what almost happened last Summer when Marlon Humphrey & Rashod Bateman became awkwardly entangled in the back corner of the end zone during an M&T Bank Stadium practice.