Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Q&A With The Sword: Greetings

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I think they are going to have to pay Lamar 40m per year with quite a lot of that guaranteed, to get him to stay. I don’t see them doing that.
    I think if he has a great season, they will. I think spending draft resources to rebuild the defense and shore up the offensive line is an acknowledgement that they understand how resources will need to be allocated once they sign him. I think if 40M is what the market is for a franchise-mvp level QB, then it's what you pay.

I think they are going to have to pay Lamar 40m per year with quite a lot of that guaranteed, to get him to stay. I don’t see them doing that.
    If they’re still interested in selling tickets they’ll do it, and it will likely be closer to 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    If they’re still interested in selling tickets they’ll do it, and it will likely be closer to 50.
    They’ll run him into the ground in a few seasons that contract will be terrible for the team.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    They’ll run him into the ground in a few seasons that contract will be terrible for the team.
    If they can get a SB out of him during one of those few seasons, I'll take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    If they can get a SB out of him during one of those few seasons, I'll take it.
    Risky strategy for the front office.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Risky strategy for the front office.
    We'd have to assume that was actually the plan for us to consider it risky. Maybe they don't want to run him into the ground? Or maybe they don't want to sign him to a deal structured in a way that would cripple the team if LJ is out of gas in 3 years? Impossible to know what the hell the strategy is when no one is talking or negotiating.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    We'd have to assume that was actually the plan for us to consider it risky. Maybe they don't want to run him into the ground? Or maybe they don't want to sign him to a deal structured in a way that would cripple the team if LJ is out of gas in 3 years? Impossible to know what the hell the strategy is when no one is talking or negotiating.
    We know they kept Roman so for now it seems like there won’t be a change in strategy on offense

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Where you been?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    Verdite, most likely.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mirko Crocop View Post
    Verdite, most likely.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
    Better than Croatia. I already have a Traumatic Brain Injury. I can’t afford to get kicked in the head by you. And certainly cannot afford to die while hearing Wild Boyz

I hope that everyone has been well. Apparently, a lot has happened since I was last on here. So, if anyone has any questions on how I feel about what's been going on with the Ravens, you are more than welcome to ask.
    Board is better with the Sword.

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Board is better with the Sword.
    Facts. Same with Jim and Cole.

Blog Entries

I also wanted to touch on the Marquise Brown trade. In my opinion, the reality of the situation is that the Ravens were never going to pay Brown anywhere near what he wanted. Nor should they. That said, when Brown says that he is speaking for the entire WR room, I believe him. Having gone to a handful of games last season, the frustration from the WRs was real. Honestly, Bateman came off more frustrated than any of them. From taking so long to get the plays in, to the play calling, to the tempo.

So, my concern isn’t with Brown wanting out. My concern is two-fold:

1.) How this doesn’t become a recurring problem with the WRs we draft.

2.) This is not an offense built to get the most out of its WRs. But for the sake of example, let’s say Bateman proves to be a much better WR than Brown. What then? Is he honestly getting paid here?