Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Haven't been around for awhile

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Spot on.

simplesimon would be languishing in the ignoratorium. That is one thing that definitely would have happened already.
    Simon has grown on me.

Victor might actually have a chance to see playing time now and if we have injuries at WR, he could see lots of playing time. If simplesimon ends up being right, there will be snowballs in hell and pigs flying.

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    FTR, it's Loba's Ignoratory, the lost fourth (and most meanspirited) volume of Dante's Commedia. And you are not resident therein. At the moment. If you want to join that particular brouhaha you'll just have to work harder to piss me off. It's a low bar to limbo under but I have faith in you...

(Speaking of comedies, has anyone seen The Death of Stalin? Srsly, the director played it as a black farce, and the few clips I've seen on the Net are piss-your-pants hilarious....)
    I’ve seen it and you’re right, it is hilarious.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Simon has grown on me.

Victor might actually have a chance to see playing time now and if we have injuries at WR, he could see lots of playing time. If simplesimon ends up being right, there will be snowballs in hell and pigs flying.
    Victor's working out with Lamar, which is a good sign and something He Who Shall Not Be Named never did.

Death of Stalin is good, along with everything Ianuuci has ever been involved with from the Thick of It to his sketch shows and radio comedies.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    Death of Stalin is good, along with everything Ianuuci has ever been involved with from the Thick of It to his sketch shows and radio comedies.
    From what I hear, Steve Buscemi considered Nikita Khrushchev his dream role. From what I saw in the clips, he fucked it up totally. I didn't see a single moment when he was the least bit funny. He really needed another 50 kg and a half-dozen planetary-extinction-level warts to warrant a slot in the group photo atop Lenin's tomb. (YMMV)
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    Victor's working out with Lamar, which is a good sign and something He Who Shall Not Be Named never did.
    I see you, QtR.

i saw a Lobachevsky on some other board that was completely unrelated to sports a few months back. i'm guessing it was something math/engineering related. woulda said howdy but i was working and didn't feel like creating an account there just to say hey. so.....hey! i lost interest in the board as well after the Boykin thread lost steam, but now i'm back and purple as ever.

Quote Originally Posted by PTORaven View Post
    i saw a Lobachevsky on some other board that was completely unrelated to sports a few months back. i'm guessing it was something math/engineering related. woulda said howdy but i was working and didn't feel like creating an account there just to say hey. so.....hey! i lost interest in the board as well after the Boykin thread lost steam, but now i'm back and purple as ever.
    Unless he was putting someone into an ignoratory (which will actually need an ignoratorium at some point), that wasn't our Loba.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PTORaven View Post
    i saw a Lobachevsky on some other board that was completely unrelated to sports a few months back. i'm guessing it was something math/engineering related. woulda said howdy but i was working and didn't feel like creating an account there just to say hey.
    Warn't me - I don't have a patent on this nym & I never use it anywhere but here.
    so.....hey! i lost interest in the board as well after the Boykin thread lost steam, but now i'm back and purple as ever.
    Just in time to join the kerfluffling over whether LJ will ever sign a new contract with da Crowz. Welcome back!
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

9. Re: Haven't been around for awhile

Simon has grown on me.

Blind squirrels, broken clocks and throwin' shit against the wall to see what sticks and all that rigmarol.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Binjimin Victor became our #1 WR while you were gone.
    When wasn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Site got wonky on me 5-6 wks back so I backed off.

Anything halfway interesting happen in the meantime?
    Wonky? That's one way of describing the back and forth.

You missed six Free Talk Friday updates about weekend plans, honey do lists, and food and drink predilections. That's about it. What have you been up to, Dr. Lobav'?
    "That's what."
    — She

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Wonky? That's one way of describing the back and forth.
    I think I meant "hinky". Like, text color was the same as background color so I couldn't read any of the posts. I've never tested positive for Miz Rona but dang if I don't feel like I'm stumbling thru a SanFran-level brain fog most daze.

What have you been up to, Dr. Lobav'?
    Trying to get a whole passle of small shit out of the way so I can decamp round about Memorial Day to Prague for a couple of weeks to see friends for the first time in 3 years. Oh yeah, and drink LOTS of Czech beer!