Page 1 of 12 123 ... LastLast

Now that most of the holes have been filled through the draft…

…I feel like it’s time for them to call Seattle or San Francisco and make them an offer they can’t refuse for either Deebo or Metcalf. Now is the time to do it since they likely wont have any other major holes to plug during the 2023 off season and they’ll have a nice amount of cap space. Just do it! We can’t really be heading into 2022 with Rashod Bateman and 4 trash cans our wide receiver corps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Now that most of the holes have been filled through the draft…

They just freed up the space they would have paid to Hollywood they aren’t going to turn around and drop big dollars on another receiver. Also if the Niners turned down the 10th pick we surely don’t have anything better than that to offer. They’ll trade or sign someone but it won’t be anyone making big money.

Blog Entries

They can’t afford a monster contract right now with Humphrey, Sanley, Andrews, and (soon) Lamar.

Based on the Deshaun Watson deal, you have to imagine Lamar is going to be looking for $40-45/yr fully guaranteed.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    …I feel like it’s time for them to call Seattle or San Francisco and make them an offer they can’t refuse for either Deebo or Metcalf. Now is the time to do it since they likely wont have any other major holes to plug during the 2023 off season and they’ll have a nice amount of cap space. Just do it! We can’t really be heading into 2022 with Rashod Bateman and 4 trash cans our wide receiver corps.

Its not happening

49ers already turned down this years #10 pick overall. Ravens never pick that early to beat that offer.

Seattle has said they are not trading Metcalf.

These scenarios are never going to happen.

You are most likely seeing a vet WR signed soon for cheap 1 year deal if anything. They invested in the three unknown guys Wallace, Proche and Duvernay, they will again be sitting on the bench if they sign someone.

Now that most of the holes have been filled through the draft…

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    They can’t afford a monster contract right now with Humphrey, Sanley, Andrews, and (soon) Lamar.

Based on the Deshaun Watson deal, you have to imagine Lamar is going to be looking for $40-45/yr fully guaranteed.

Theyre projected to have 70M in cap space, how can they not afford Lamar’s deal and a big WR contract? The Rams and Bills are paying their QBs, multiple defensive players and their wide receivers. We need to bring in whoever manages the cap for those teams.

If you were a young receiver with HOF aspirations would you want to play in this offense? Hollywood made explicit what many were thinking: a good receiver will not want to be here, especially if the QB play declines or the winning stops.

Deebo or DK will want out shortly after a few rolls on their new mattress stuffed with money.

The Ravens will have to find a guy on his last legs, a guy who wants an SB more than money or prestige, or a guy willing to sign a one year Prove It deal.

Lamar's best friend wanted out. So will a stranger.

One wonders if at the Castle, on a wall in front of DeCosta's desk, there is a Bateman Clock counting down.

Like someone said it another thread, when the league starts over valuing a certain position then we usually start going the other direction.

We’ve always done this. Even on defense 20 years ago when everyone was going to 4 man fronts with rushes off the ends, we (and Pitt) went the 3-4 route and gobbled up all the great undervalued players in that system at a discount.

We’re doing that again with WR. The rest of the league is over drafting and over paying WRs, going with lighter LBs and more pass protection oriented OL. So we’re emphasizing more on mauler run blocking OL, RB, and QB with running ability because we can get them at a much higher value than trying to keep up with what the rest of the league doing.

We’re not going to commit a lot resources to getting another WR that’s likely only going to command 30-40 targets at best in this kind of offense. For that amount of involvement we may as well see what Wallace Proche, and Duv can do.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    Like someone said it another thread, when the league starts over valuing a certain position then we usually start going the other direction.

We’ve always done this. Even on defense 20 years ago when everyone was going to 4 man fronts with rushes off the ends, we (and Pitt) went the 3-4 route and gobbled up all the great undervalued players in that system at a discount.

We’re doing that again with WR. The rest of the league is over drafting and over paying WRs, going with lighter LBs and more pass protection oriented OL. So we’re emphasizing more on mauler run blocking OL, RB, and QB with running ability because we can get them at a much higher value than trying to keep up with what the rest of the league doing.

We’re not going to commit a lot resources to getting another WR that’s likely only going to command 30-40 targets at best in this kind of offense. For that amount of involvement we may as well see what Wallace Proche, and Duv can do.
    Running the ball and playing good defense is not a strategy that gets you a SB. It’s not 2005.

Running the ball and playing good defense is not a strategy that gets you a SB. It’s not 2005.

With that attitude it certainly won’t.

Watch us win with that strategy.

Wait a few days for teams to start releasing some vets because they need the cap space to sign their replacements.

11. Re: Now that most of the holes have been filled through the draft…

You must be psychic or something to know we have "4 trash can" receivers. I mean have any of them actually gotten enough reps to even really grade them? Not to mention the fact that the few times they were on the field a huge percentage of WR targets went to Brown regardless of weather or not one of the others was open. Now that Brown is gone Im hoping we actually get to see hat we have at WR.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    With that attitude it certainly won’t.

Watch us win with that strategy.

Win..the SB or just regular games? This strategy has enabled the Ravens to make it past the 2nd round.