Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Welcome to Baltimore Jordan Stout

Would it make sense to let this guy kick off and take some reps off Tuckers leg?

Quote Originally Posted by NCRavensFan View Post
    Would it make sense to let this guy kick off and take some reps off Tuckers leg?
    I definitely think that's part of the plan, especially on every kickoff we don't want returned. The kid can put his kickoffs in the seats (no exaggeration).

Koch was really amazing for us. Hopefully this guy extends that legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Don't mind the player but it's where we've picked him that I have an issue with. What are the cap savings from cutting Koch?
    $2.1m.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    I was all in on a punter in the 4th but that punter was Matt Araiza. No idea who this dude is but if the staff thinks he’s better than Araiza then sure why not
    PFF had 2 punters rated higher.
    This guy had almost triple the percentage of punts inside the 10…

6. Re: Welcome to Baltimore Jordan Stout

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    But can he hold?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    This is the thing
    Per Jeff Z twitter:

Punter Jordan Stout said he had a good idea that he was going to go to the Ravens.
    Stout said he is comfortable as a holder. Did it in 2020 at Penn State. "I've gotten really good at it. I think it's one of the best part of my game."

7. Re: Welcome to Baltimore Jordan Stout

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    $2.1m.
    I'm assuming this has somethingn to do w/ possibly cutting Koch:

"Assuming the Ravens use pick 196 & make no other moves, the team's Rookie Cap should be $13,736,969.
    Due to the operation of the Rule of 51, they will need $5.032M in overall Cap space to fit their rookie class under the overall Cap. They started today w/ $7,137,180 in Cap space"
    Last edited by 757RavensFan; 04-30-2022 at 02:27 PM.

Mel Kiper said Stout was his #1 rated Punter even though all the hype was Matt Araiza

Apparently there were 3 punters in this years draft that were worth higher picks (i.e. 4th round and on): Stout, Camarda, and Araiza. Apparently they're all pretty special punters. Koch is old and losing his leg, he may not retire this year but this kid is definitely his replacement. I do however anticipate that Koch let the organization know that he's probably done.

Quote Originally Posted by 757RavensFan View Post
    I'm assuming this has somethingn to do w/ cutting Koch:

"Assuming the Ravens use pick 196 & make no other moves, the team's Rookie Cap should be $13,736,969.
    Due to the operation of the Rule of 51, they will need $5.032M in overall Cap space to fit their rookie class under the overall Cap. They started today w/ $7,137,180 in Cap space"
    Absolutely does….

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Absolutely does….

If Koch is still on the team come September it means the Ravens missed on Stout as a draft pick or he's on the IR as a rookie.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizerooskie View Post
    First real head scratcher for me. Given the volume of picks, I have no issue drafting a kicker...but in the 4th?
    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Don't mind the player but it's where we've picked him that I have an issue with. What are the cap savings from cutting Koch?
    Quote Originally Posted by simplesimon View Post
    Head scratcher using a 4th round pick for him.
    In 2006 Belichick & the Patriots used a 4th-rd pick (#118 overall) on Stephen Gostkowski. Kicker, not a punter, but same idea.
    In 2019 they used a 5th (#163) on punter Jake Bailey. Bailey made All-Pro in 2020.

The 2005 Chiefs, coached by SB winner Dick Vermeil, used a 3rd-rd pick on punter Dustin Colquitt, who is still in the league. Two-time Pro Bowler. Like Belichick (and Harbaugh!), Vermeil did time as a spec teams coach early in his career.

In 2011 the Eagles, coached by Andy Reid, used a 4th-rd pick on kicker Alex Henery.

In 2009 the Saints, coached by Sean Payton, used a 5th (#164) on punter Thomas Morstead. Morstead is still in the league and has made a Pro Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by RevBarnes View Post
    Welcome Stout, but you will NEVER be the passer Koch was! LOL
    Actually he's pretty good! Penn St ran three fakes this year, and I think Stout connected on all 3 passes! (but check me on that)