Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 11121314 LastLast
  1. Re: Welcome to Baltimore... Uuuuh... Jarvis? Julio?

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    That shit is contagious bruh!
    Gotta love it. Man was fired up.
    Hell....he got ME fired up!! Love to have the guy, no doubt.

Re: Welcome to Baltimore... Uuuuh... Jarvis? Julio?

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    I don't know what happened to Slayton last season, but prior to that he was a really good deep threat. I always though he deserved more targets than he got when I watched him. He would be a nice addition here. If we can get him for a late round pick we should do it.
    I'd be happy with Slayton for a mid day 3 pick next year.

I'd prefer Jarvis like everyone else, but I don't think he comes here both due to us not having money as well as the reputation for WR's in this offense is pretty well known around the league at this point. Money talks in the end, but I think guys with options...we'd be one of the last choices around the league.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Ravens have expressed interest in Landry per this guy from the Browns 247 site
    https://twitter.com/StainbrookNFL/st...57260610199554

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Here's the only fire in Cleveland :

That's the Cuyahoga River that caught fire 50 years ago. It runs through Cleveland... Bc

See a lot of smoke about Landry. Wouldn't it be funny if he and Peters end up teammates after all that

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    See a lot of smoke about Landry. Wouldn't it be funny if he and Peters end up teammates after all that
    https://mobile.twitter.com/HoodieRam...64771769798657

I still think this is just a ploy for a team like the saints to increase their offer to Landry. We’re just a tool for leverage :(

Today Julio Jones signed a 1 year deal with Brady and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

At this point, in my opinion, a guy like Will Fuller or TY Hilton isn't going to add anything to the offense. We live in 13 and 22 personnel anyway, and these guys just aren't going to be worth a single extra touchdown in this offense.

At this point, this is what I would do at Wide Receiver:

The 4 guys we drafted are an obvious lock.
    We can't go into the season with just 4. Even the Ravens.

Step 1) see what we have. We don't need a guy to come in and give us quality offensive snaps, we just need someone young to cheaply come in and carve out a special teams role. Hopefully one of our UDFA guys can come in. If Tee Martin is as good as everyone thinks he is, one of these guys has to take a step forward and be good enough to be a 5th Wide Receiver on the team in a punt gunner role, with offensive upside.

Step 2) see who gets cut. If none of the guys are catching on, wait for camp cuts and just see. Who knows, maybe there's a surprise cut of a guy who will move the needle. If not, there will probably be a core special teamer out there.

Anyone think anything different? Anyone see a vet out there still worth signing?

Step 1) see what we have.
    Step 2) see who gets cut.
    This is exactly right.

Although I'd add a trade option in step 2, too.

In another thread I predicted Ben Powers will be traded to the Broncos on August 31. That's a total guess of course, but it's an example of how they might go about acquiring a WR. Maybe it's a RB. Maybe it's Chuck Clark. Maybe it's a draft pick(s) as occurred when Anquan Boldin was acquired, although that was March. Bryant McKinnie was October.

It's nearly impossible to predict the next 30 days, but easy to see how this could be an option.

Step 1 could go so well, and the step 2 options could be so unappealing that they could decide to stand pat, too, particularly if step 1 going well includes Kolar and Likely playing really well.

In short, relax. There is no need to rush a decision on a vet right now.
    "That's what."
    — She

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    This is exactly right.

Although I'd add a trade option in step 2, too.

In another thread I predicted Ben Powers will be traded to the Broncos on August 31. That's a total guess of course, but it's an example of how they might go about acquiring a WR. Maybe it's a RB. Maybe it's Chuck Clark. Maybe it's a draft pick(s) as occurred when Anquan Boldin was acquired, although that was March. Bryant McKinnie was October.

It's nearly impossible to predict the next 30 days, but easy to see how this could be an option.

Step 1 could go so well, and the step 2 options could be so unappealing that they could decide to stand pat, too, particularly if step 1 going well includes Kolar and Likely playing really well.

In short, relax. There is no need to rush a decision on a vet right now.
    My fear is injury.

Could we get Laviska Shenault, Darius Slayton, Denzel Mims or similar for Powers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our WR depth is even worse than our OL depth. Bateman needs to be put in bubble wrap. I assume we'll sign a vet WR eventually. Allen Hurns would be a guy I'd like.