Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 373839

Re: Welcome to Baltimore Tyler Linderbaum!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    "You’re talking about one of the best technicians -- strong, physical, tough, quick-footed,” DeCosta said. "Somebody said it on TV: If he was an inch taller and his arms were a half-inch longer, he would’ve been a top 5 pick, and I believe that. He’s probably one of the better centers we’ve seen come out in a long time.”

https://www.espn.com/blog/baltimore-...f-top-receiver
    I still don't understand this thinking. It just seems like a weird way to look at a player because you aren't looking at what he is rather than what he would be.

And there are a ton of players who would have made it in the NFL with better mesurables like had you given David Reed Randy Moss speed and an extra 3 inches he'd have had a different career too. So what? What does that mean? Answer nothing. In any case I can't wait for Linderbaum to get into pads and hopefully prove me wrong until then though I'll blast the pick especially considering we could have had Johnson who just fell into our laps.

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    I still don't understand this thinking. It just seems like a weird way to look at a player because you aren't looking at what he is rather than what he would be.

And there are a ton of players who would have made it in the NFL with better mesurables like had you given David Reed Randy Moss speed and an extra 3 inches he'd have had a different career too. So what? What does that mean? Answer nothing. In any case I can't wait for Linderbaum to get into pads and hopefully prove me wrong until then though I'll blast the pick especially considering we could have had Johnson who just fell into our laps.
    So David Reed was the best rated WR prospect in 10 years when he was drafted?

A much better comparison is Suggs if you want to go there. If Suggs ran .2 seconds faster at the combine he would have been a top 5 pick.

He's talking about a guy that was the best at his position in all of college football but came up short on some measurements at the combine.

That was never David Reed. Reed had a good career at Utah, but at no time was he talked about as the best rated receiver in college football.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

I think what DeCosta means is if Linderbaum had measured XYZ at the combine he would be a top 5 pick even if his game tape looked exactly the same. The film is the film of a top 5 pick, and it's antiquated not to take top 1% film because the guy has bottom 1% measurables. He's saying he got value, he got a guy later than he should've gone given the way he actually plays football because of antiquated ideas. You could say the same about Kyle Hamilton as well IMO.

Blog Entries

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

There has been a list of centers who have played very well in NFL that are about the same size as Linderbaum. The current All Pro center is Linderbaums size.
    So how does your line of thinking ‘he cant play because of size’ make more sense?

What video is this from

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    What video is this from
    pretty sure that is the Penn State game

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

pretty sure that is the Penn State game

Nah I meant that looked like Joe Hortiz breaking down film. Wasn’t sure if there was more than just that clip.

Guess I could’ve just searched for it lol. Looks like it’s from this

https://youtu.be/jNiEuQo45Qw

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Nah I meant that looked like Joe Hortiz breaking down film. Wasn’t sure if there was more than just that clip.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNiEuQo45Qw
    "Not bad for a running back."