Page 42 of 46 FirstFirst ... 4041424344 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Hollywood Traded

Probably 3 of those wins were all LJ hero ball. I guess I understand why he sometimes won’t take the easy stuff the D is giving

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Probably 3 of those wins were all LJ hero ball. I guess I understand why he sometimes won’t take the easy stuff the D is giving
    The wins or the losses? There was some of both…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In fairness to Lamar, with the losses of our RB's and the instability of our line (plus some big WR drops and give-up-ons) it's hard to know what he could do besides play hero ball.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I am waiting for hero ball in the playoffs. Not trying to turn it into a JF thread, but when the lights have been biggest, he has played like trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    And what if your QB doesn’t want to be the leading rusher on the team? Maybe he wants to help his team by passing the ball more, but in an offense that can actually scheme WRs open. If Lamar chooses to leave next year, this will have been the reason why.

So if he doesn't want to be the leading rusher, just use one workhorse back instead of a committee and he won't be. ;)

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RevBarnes View Post
    In fairness to Lamar, with the losses of our RB's and the instability of our line (plus some big WR drops and give-up-ons) it's hard to know what he could do besides play hero ball.
    I think we're kinda of saying the same thing.
    Except that i might hold Lamar to higher standard then just playing 'hero ball'.

Lamar is a great QB. He's been the unanimous league MVP. The expectations in my mind are high, and expecting less imho is thinking less of Lamar.
    Great QB, lift their teams up....put their teams on their backs in a way that only great players can be asked.
    Any QB can run around and play hero ball....to me that's like Rex Grossman. Lamar is capable of playing winning football.
    Great players walk the tight-rope of when to take the game over and when to play within the confines and structure.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

just rewatched the 2nd squealers game. hollywood drops a touchdown pass at the end of the first half which leaves Baltimore with a FG. In the last minute of the game Huntley throws Brown a perfect sideline pass to put the ravens in position to kick the winning FG, Brown catches the pass in bounds but doesn't wrap up and Fitzpatrick knocks the ball out of his hands. Brown lost this game and he damn near lost the Lions game with his drops.

good riddance.

Quote Originally Posted by 52N19 View Post
    just rewatched the 2nd squealers game. hollywood drops a touchdown pass at the end of the first half which leaves Baltimore with a FG. In the last minute of the game Huntley throws Brown a perfect sideline pass to put the ravens in position to kick the winning FG, Brown catches the pass in bounds but doesn't wrap up and Fitzpatrick knocks the ball out of his hands. Brown lost this game and he damn near lost the Lions game with his drops.

good riddance.
    Was that first drop one that Huntley rifled at short range, but it still needed to be caught?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    So if he doesn't want to be the leading rusher, just use one workhorse back instead of a committee and he won't be. ;)

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    Or just hand the ball off to a RB instead of keeping it to run the ball himself. That is what he should do a lot more of this season.

If Roman is so great at scheming the run game, he shouldn't need his QB to run the ball nearly as much to still have a very effective rushing attack.
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    If Roman is so great at scheming the run game, he shouldn't need his QB to run the ball nearly as much to still have a very effective rushing attack.
    Maybe he isn't "so great" without a QB with gamebreaking running ability and RBs that help said QB sell misdirection. I wonder how much of #8's ground success in 2019 was due to Ingram's ability to draw tacklers toward him after a fake handoff.
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Hollywood Traded

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Maybe he isn't "so great" without a QB with gamebreaking running ability and RBs that help said QB sell misdirection. I wonder how much of #8's ground success in 2019 was due to Ingram's ability to draw tacklers toward him after a fake handoff.
    Yes loba, your point is why we need Dobbins and/or Gus back so badly... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Yes loba, your point is why we need Dobbins and/or Gus back so badly... Bc
    His point is invalid because Roman had a top rushing offense in SF and Buffalo as well:

Haters gonna hate.