Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Welcome to Baltimore Kyle Hamilton!

Like the pick or not, our secondary is gonna be stacked next year as long as they stay healthy.

Chuck Clark is 6 feet 200lbs, solid tackler, already wears the green dot. Move him down to MLB, at least on passing downs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Generational talent, this is the type of player you don't pass on for need. Once upon a time we passed on a fella named Derwin James because safety wasn't a need, he went on to be a 2x All-Pro. Classic Ravens, classic Ozzie mentality, classic BPA. You got a guy that nobody would've batted an eye at if he went in the top 3 at 14, that's a home run.

One of the very few blue chips in this entire class

Quote Originally Posted by QuothDaRaven View Post
    Chuck Clark is 6 feet 200lbs, solid tackler, already wears the green dot. Move him down to MLB, at least on passing downs.

Hamilton is 6'4", 220 lbs, and could also theoretically play LB hybrid in a big nickel. He can be a TE eraser.

Blog Entries

You know I would rather have a trench pick but this is a solid addition to the secondary. This secondary is in need of a big play safety bad. Especially one that can cover these new Tight ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    You know I would rather have a trench pick but this is a solid addition to the secondary. This secondary is in need of a big play safety bad. Especially one that can cover these new Tight ends.
    Now we have two playmaking safeties.

From The Sporting News:

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    Yeah, but we will see Oweh at his full potential instead of dropping into coverage half the time under Wink. Also Oweh was really raw with his moves as an edge rusher coming from Penn St as a rookie.

I think Oweh is making a big leap in year two especially now that Wink is gone.
    Good point.

A veteran FA like Houston can also benefit the same way. A guy like Hamilton can allow them to just pin their ears back and go after the QB. Like was Judon was allowed to do more of in NE. And the sack numbers went up for him.

It feels like teams in the top 10 absolutely crumbled on him because of the 40 time. Draft season is overthinking season. The range he has on tape doesn't lie, he processes fast and plays fast. We see guys all the time that run 4.3 and can't play at that speed in the NFL and vice versa. The testing numbers are nice piece of the equation to have but so often we see teams ignore the tape and grade off testing numbers too much.

Same point could be made with Linderbaum and his size/arm length. Overthinking metrics and not trusting the tape. While we didn't hit any premium positions we got arguably two top 10 players in the entire draft

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    BPA by a mile, and I dont hate it. 3 safety nickel base defense….
    No doubt, BPA at work.

I gotta admit I was caught off guard by his 40 time. For me being a rangy S is very much speed dependent.
    But, I forgot for a second that teams *already know* how fast these guys are prior to the combine. They have GPS data and Hamilton’s numbers are good.

https://www.footballtakeover.com/to-...ee59145eea74da
    Well, he's posted a 41+-inch vertical and a 10-8 vertical in testing at Notre Dame. Furthermore, he's reached 21 mph on the GPS system as well.
    https://fightingirishpreview.com/kyl...b7e23b7e31b746

And he’s got Length which is an underrated ‘skill’ for coverage. I think I’ve heard the football expression size is speed….or I just thought of it.

I’ve heard Matt Bowen or Greg Cosell somebody in media refer S like Hamilton and Dax Hill as “inside” defensive backs and that how I think of them. Movable, versatile defensive chess pieces.
    Keeping it �� I like Dax better because I think he’s more fluid (he could probably play CB) but Kyle’s size and length is difference making asset.

Hambone changes the versatility of secondary and overall defense
    Last edited by edromeo; 04-29-2022 at 08:16 AM.

Welcome to Baltimore. Time to watch aome highlights :) Excited to have this dude! Let's go!

Quote Originally Posted by QuothDaRaven View Post

Yup, pretty sure that is what's going to happen.

I also think this calls into question if Clark may be a cap casualty next year.

I really like the Hamilton pick.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.