1. Two Teams, Two Directions

This should be an interesting series starting Memorial Day. The Yankees have won five in a row and Dem O's, well let's just say they are beginning to go backwards. Can they turn it around at home? Were the Yanks just taking advantage of a maligned Mariner's team? Time will tell. Bleed orange.

Re: Two Teams, Two Directions

hmm...2 out of 3, and the Tuesday night game was a classic.
    I am, as they say, 'cautiously optimistic'. Here's hoping Angelos stays away and lets McPhail, Trembley &co do the job.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

O's aren't getting much attention over here but they're hanging right in on .500, which is darn good, all things considered.
    I thought this would be the Sidney Ponson/Jay Gibbons era; well, Sir Sidney was last week demoted by whomever he's with now (Texas?) for disrespectful behavior...I guess Gibbons is home on steroid leave?
    this is a much, much better operation this year than in the recent past.
    Boston Globe said "beating the O's is a lot more aggravating than it used to be." Ha, they found that out, at least for one night.
    biting the bullet and trading Bedard looks like a real good move now. Jones and Sherill alone might justify that move. (did they get anything for Miggy or did he leave via FA??)
    cmon O's fans...thoughts?
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

I actually may pay for a ticket and go to a game later this year if PA keeps letting the GM do his job. So far so good. Here is hoping for a .500 season...

anyone notice the O's just went into Wrigley to face the Cubbies (best record in the majors, 14 game home win streak) and took 2/3?
    sweet. sure hope they can keep it up!!!