Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
  1. Re: New USFL starts 04/16

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    Went back to work for 12 days in April after a long retirement, so yeah, I did lose a lot of April

And I was counting down to the 16th
    You havent missed much. Trust us!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Re: New USFL starts 04/16

USFL or XFL - its just minor league football. Either league needs to look to MLB for how minor league teams and affiliates try to generate fan interest.

But in the end, these league will only be useful in as much as league players eventually make it to / feed the NFL.

XFL gets this and looks to be pretty closely aligning itself with the NFLPA and the NFL.

Plus you have the star power / leadership of the Rock and his ex-wife and XFL owner IIRC was a successful and competent executive in telecom?

My point is, I can't invest any time / energy / attention to USFL because I already assume the XFL has won. I think its the first attempt at minor league football that "gets it"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk View Post
    Home team can't even draw a decent crowd.
    The USFL is somewhat like the WNBA to me. Very few really care about either of them. Here in NYC, the Liberty gives away free tickets just so the arena doesn't look empty... Bc

I'm actually enjoying the USFL. It's not NFL level play, but it IS football and I get to see some old Terps & guys that got a cup of coffee in Ravens camp / preseason. When I watch I wonder if any of the guys out there could help fill the back end of the Ravens roster. Looking at DBs & WRs who could come in and contribute.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    The USFL is somewhat like the WNBA to me. Very few really care about either of them. Here in NYC, the Liberty gives away free tickets just so the arena doesn't look empty... Bc
    That's pretty pathetic.

Blog Entries

kind of ashamed to admit I've been watching some of this. Birmingham is better than any other team by a good stretch, which is why they're undefeated. Most of the other teams play offense like I've seen someone describe on here as a kid playing Madden. Look for the first read, if it's covered, take off running.

defenses fly around and are ahead of offenses for the most part

some really bad special teams

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    kind of ashamed to admit I've been watching some of this. Birmingham is better than any other team by a good stretch, which is why they're undefeated. Most of the other teams play offense like I've seen someone describe on here as a kid playing Madden. Look for the first read, if it's covered, take off running.

I've been watching some too. Not necessarily Live, though. It's good TV fodder for when I'm working out.

I'm not watching, but do I recall hearing correctly that all USFL games are being played in Birmingham? If so, seems like a bit of a home field advantage week in week out.
    "That's what."
    — She

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    I'm not watching, but do I recall hearing correctly that all USFL games are being played in Birmingham? If so, seems like a bit of a home field advantage week in week out.
    Yup. At least 100 fans in the stands

More than other teams get

Blog Entries

Jason La Canfora can cover the USFL now, he is free!

Yup. At least 100 fans in the stands

More than other teams get
    I wasn't thinking of home field advantage as fans in the stands as much as travel. Are the non-Birmingham teams based in their own cities and have to travel to Birmingham every week? I was assuming so.
    "That's what."
    — She

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    I wasn't thinking of home field advantage as fans in the stands as much as travel. Are the non-Birmingham teams based in their own cities and have to travel to Birmingham every week? I was assuming so.
    No idea but it’s logical that they would. They have to practice somewhere.