Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: BAKER MAYFIELD: "I feel disrespected 100%"

Quote Originally Posted by Purplenemesis View Post
    That would actually be a pretty hilarious skit. Have Baker booing and Monday morning quarterbacking regular office workers, construction workers, etc. I would watch
    Didn't Peyton do a commercial like that years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Didn't Peyton do a commercial like that years ago?
    Lol yes but the opposite. He was cheering people on at their mundane jobs. That was a classic.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Dude was literally a walk on in college, competing against blue chip recruits at his position. In no way, shape, or form was the world handed to him on a silver platter.
    This Mayfield thing says more about the Browns org than it does Mayfield.
    I don’t get the hate. Like him or not he made the Browns competitive. I was at that 2018 game at M&T and he damn near carried them to a win. Lamar, not so much.
    I don’t know if he was ever a big enough ahole to justify being lied to then publicly embarrassed. Treating players like this can’t be appealing to free agents either, and opposite what the Ravens org does so well. Cut him or trade him and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Lol yes but the opposite. He was cheering people on at their mundane jobs. That was a classic.
    Oh yeah, I remember that now. "Cut the Meat! Cut the Meat!"

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    I don’t get the hate. Like him or not he made the Browns competitive. I was at that 2018 game at M&T and he damn near carried them to a win. Lamar, not so much.
    I don’t know if he was ever a big enough ahole to justify being lied to then publicly embarrassed. Treating players like this can’t be appealing to free agents either, and opposite what the Ravens org does so well. Cut him or trade him and move on.
    Part of me thinks they have treated him this way because he is a massive asshole behind the scenes. The other part of me says this is just par for the course for the Browns.
    Browns doing Browns things.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Part of me thinks they have treated him this way because he is a massive asshole behind the scenes. The other part of me says this is just par for the course for the Browns.
    Browns doing Browns things.
    Both are prob true. Someone here or Sunspot had a signature line IIRC or maybe a comment but something like, “if you fight with a pig you both get dirty but the pig likes it”! I see both parties rolling around in the mud with this! Lol
    The positive for Mayfield he can have a new start and a chance for redemption but the Browns will always be the Browns.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplenemesis View Post
    Oh yeah, I remember that now. "Cut the Meat! Cut the Meat!"
    Lol this still goes through my head sometimes when I’m at the deli

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    Agreed on all of this.

CLE really screwed the pooch on this one. They have zero leverage right now. His 18 mil is guaranteed, even if they cut him. If they cut him, PGH will sign him & it'll make the PGH/CLE rivalry far more interesting. So...they're not cutting him. All the QB spots are filled, plus there are QBs coming on board in the draft. (None appear to be special) They are gonna have to eat 15 mil PLUS give picks to some team just for them to take Baker off their hands & out of their locker room. What a complete mishandling of an asset by the CLE front office.

Quote Originally Posted by BillickFan View Post
    CLE really screwed the pooch on this one. They have zero leverage right now. His 18 mil is guaranteed, even if they cut him. If they cut him, PGH will sign him & it'll make the PGH/CLE rivalry far more interesting. So...they're not cutting him. All the QB spots are filled, plus there are QBs coming on board in the draft. (None appear to be special) They are gonna have to eat 15 mil PLUS give picks to some team just for them to take Baker off their hands & out of their locker room. What a complete mishandling of an asset by the CLE front office.
    If they are going to eat that much why would they also have to offload picks for him? They could simply pay him to sit at home.

Some team would take him at $3m/yr for a late round pick for sure…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    If they are going to eat that much why would they also have to offload picks for him? They could simply pay him to sit at home.

Some team would take him at $3m/yr for a late round pick for sure…

It's all about leverage. CLE has none. If I'm another GM I'm asking for a 4th round pick, 15 Mil of his contract paid, and I'll throw a 5th or 6th your way. If CLE doesn't like it...OK. It's the Brock Osweiler deal all over again. They're gonna have to pay someone to get him out of their locker room. Or, pay him to sit for a year. There aren't really any QB super-needy teams. The closest....maybe Seattle & they're willing to roll w/Lock for a year while rebuilding, and they may take a guy in Round 1. ATL will roll with Mariota & a draft pick. In the musical chairs game of NFL QBs, there are no open seats left. Teams without a QB will overpay. CLE's best option may be to wait till the first QB goes down in camp or preseason. Till then, they have zero leverage.

Quote Originally Posted by BillickFan View Post
    It's all about leverage. CLE has none. If I'm another GM I'm asking for a 4th round pick, 15 Mil of his contract paid, and I'll throw a 5th or 6th your way. If CLE doesn't like it...OK. It's the Brock Osweiler deal all over again. They're gonna have to pay someone to get him out of their locker room. Or, pay him to sit for a year. There aren't really any QB super-needy teams. The closest....maybe Seattle & they're willing to roll w/Lock for a year while rebuilding, and they may take a guy in Round 1. ATL will roll with Mariota & a draft pick. In the musical chairs game of NFL QBs, there are no open seats left. Teams without a QB will overpay. CLE's best option may be to wait till the first QB goes down in camp or preseason. Till then, they have zero leverage.
    Agree that they have no leverage, but what you suggest is silly.
    They aren’t giving up a 4th round pick to save $3m…. They will just eat that portion and tell him to stay home.