Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: Ravens 2022 Draft Visits

Quick bump, not sure about others but both Hamilton and Faalele visited and as far as I know it was not reported.
    It ain't pretty, but it's us.
    AND I'M HERE FOR IT ALL, BABY.

We were getting healthier...

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    This idea that a team is going to move someone up their board because another team shows interest is silly. They're interested because they see who they might have to leapfrog in trade for a guy they like but they aren't re-doing their board order because the Ravens had a guy in for a visit. We aren't moving someone up because the Vikings are bringing someone in and they pick #12.

Mark Dominik who was the GM of the Bucs for years said today that all teams are set in their order at this point. If a medical or news story or some surprise comes up they'll revisit. I'm sure it's the same if a visit goes great or poorly in the next week. The boards are done though. Now they just wait. The coaches focus on setting up the OTA schedules or working on any installation of with new coaches. The front office starts scouting pro personnel so they are ready for potential cuts. He said this last week involves a lot of non-draft stuff
    I wonder if the Eagles took the Jordan Davis bait?

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Bait? I think we had legitimate interest in him.

If he was there, I still think we would have taken Hamilton. If both were there, it is a good question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post

If he was there, I still think we would have taken Hamilton. If both were there, it is a good question.

I was being a little bit facetious, however, knowing that a visit did take place and that we did have genuine interest might have been just enough to make the Eagles trade up in front of us. Not knowing we had a visit with Kyle may have had a similar opposite effect if some team was hoping he'd continue to fall.

Blog Entries

Glad we got Hamilton instead of Davies. I was back and fourth on Davies, but the risk of him only being a 2 down lineman was too high. Travis Jones isn't quite the force Davies is in the run game and doesn't have the same brute strength and size within confined spaces... but Jones actually has more upside to become an every down lineman eventually.

Yeah it appears Hamilton was rated higher than Davis, but Davis was a legit consideration at 14.

Bottom line, somebody fell.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Glad we got Hamilton instead of Davies. I was back and fourth on Davies, but the risk of him only being a 2 down lineman was too high. Travis Jones isn't quite the force Davies is in the run game and doesn't have the same brute strength and size within confined spaces... but Jones actually has more upside to become an every down lineman eventually.
    The value of Travis Jones at 45 I thought was better than Jordan Davis at 14. At pick 76? Yeah no doubt in my mind. But we shall see!

Quote Originally Posted by Valhain View Post
    Quick bump, not sure about others but both Hamilton and Faalele visited and as far as I know it was not reported.
    Yeah it's coy of them to report only part of their visit schedule to the press. I mean they have to report their top 30 visits to the NFL don't they?

Are you from Wales?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Are you from Wales?
    No very close though. If you know the UK well I am from Devon where many Welshies live haha.

Blog Entries

So yes a lot of Jones and Davies surnames in my region

So yes a lot of Jones and Davies surnames in my region
    Yeah lol I noticed the spelling of Davies with an E. Good stuff.

Blog Entries

Originally Posted by Rygar64

I wonder if both were Available (@ #14) would EDC have tried to trade down a few (not many) spots OR taken his favored player (?) The Eagles made his decision easier... Bc