Page 50 of 89 FirstFirst ... 4849505152 ... LastLast

Re: The Ronnie Stanley Situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensblitzkrieg View Post
    Could feel like the organization screwed him by forcing him to play last year when he knew something wasn’t right.

Remember he was cleared to play by the medical staff last year when he needed another surgery.

People are human.

I remember watching Trent williams on I Am Athlete and he was pissed at the medical staff for mid diagnosing him and wanted a trade. Said he could t trust them anymore.

This Stanley situation could be something like that.

At least the signs are there. If Ronnie is indeed in the best shape of his career and hasn’t played in nearly 2 years and the reason is “he doesn’t feel like Ronnie”, you can’t tell me something doesn’t smell right.
    Ok I understand, and I do think you are right. Not being able to practice for 3 consecutive days after being away for 2 years is not a good look. Given thst he already has life changing wealth, the incentives to play again are not too good.

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Lmao, I was about to question if you actually thought they did that on purpose and then I saw who posted, and than I realized it was John Nash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That time I was being facetious. No, I don't think that, but I heard a pundit I trust (not a conspiracy guy) say that exact same thing but he was serious. I don't even think that's real but some do.

Who's John Nash?

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    "Ronnie doesn't feel like Ronnie"? Who DOES Ronnie feel like?

SERIOUSLY, after a pec, then bicep, then rotator cuff, then bicep again, I decided that walking --- not lifting --- was the exercise regimen for me. Meaning maybe Ronnie has had enough of the pain. Maybe he is psyched out.
    Pain can really f*** someone up. He needs to take Psilocybin or ayahuasca and reimprint what is happening with his body.

Blog Entries

I am starting to think that Stanley is taking the Ravens for fools.

Let's not forget that Stanley is high up in the players Union and has interests outside of football. He knows that the Ravens are in no position to cut ties with him and this has been exasperated by the recent restructure on his deal. Stanley could milk this out and get put on IR without playing a single snap this season and he would have made 10s of millions in 2 seasons without playing a single snap save the Raiders game from last season.

I am still hopeful he will be back next week and that this will all blow over but it is alarming that he is limited in practice one day and then doesn't participate at all the next day. If he was a full participant every day at practice I would be chalking this up to the Ravens just being cautious.... but the practice reports don't reflect a player who is too interested in coming back anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    That time I was being facetious. No, I don't think that, but I heard a pundit I trust (not a conspiracy guy) say that exact same thing but he was serious. I don't even think that's real but some do.

Who's John Nash?
    Have you ever seen a Beautiful Mind? That’s John Nash. Smart guy, believed to be seeing patterns in every day things like the newspaper, turns out he was simply mentally ill.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I am starting to think that Stanley is taking the Ravens for fools.

Let's not forget that Stanley is high up in the players Union and has interests outside of football. He knows that the Ravens are in no position to cut ties with him and this has been exasperated by the recent restructure on his deal. Stanley could milk this out and get put on IR without playing a single snap this season and he would have made 10s of millions in 2 seasons without playing a single snap save the Raiders game from last season.

I am still hopeful he will be back next week and that this will all blow over but it is alarming that he is limited in practice one day and then doesn't participate at all the next day. If he was a full participant every day at practice I would be chalking this up to the Ravens just being cautious.... but the practice reports don't reflect a player who is too interested in coming back anytime soon.
    I really don’t think it is that nefarious.

I’m not in his head by any stretch, but it sounds more to me like he has no confidence, and knows if he were to re-injure it again it’s probably lights out on his career. He likely has some discomfort and attributes it to something still being wrong. His fear of re-injuring it has him scared to get out in live action.

His ankle has become Kevin McCallister’s rollerblades he grew out of before taking them outside(Home Alone 2).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I really don’t think it is that nefarious.

I’m not in his head by any stretch, but it sounds more to me like he has no confidence, and knows if he were to re-injure it again it’s probably lights out on his career. He likely has some discomfort and attributes it to something still being wrong. His fear of re-injuring it has him scared to get out in live action.

His ankle has become Kevin McCallister’s rollerblades he grew out of before taking them outside(Home Alone 2).

I tend to agree. I’m hoping if he can just get a few minutes in in that first game back his confidence will build. Not writing Stanley off, yet.

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    I tend to agree. I’m hoping if he can just get a few minutes in in that first game back his confidence will build. Not writing Stanley off, yet.
    Just some 6th OLinemen snaps would be a great first game back.

Maybe alternating drives with Mekari the game following.

Back at full speed his third game “healthy”?

Blog Entries

Stanley's situation reminds me of :

Will he ever come? ... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Stanley's situation reminds me of :

Will he ever come? ... Bc
    I been waiting for Gail Gadot BC. Is that close enough?

Blog Entries

I like Gal Gadot better.

“When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Stanley better play next week or we got no benefit of having him on starting 53