Page 3 of 225 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: OT: Orioles Opening Day

Greatest post of all time<
    Quote Originally Posted by donnmass View Post
    if the orioles could pull off a deal like the browns and get new ownership, and retain stats, history, and name, even if it meant a year without a team i’d volunteer to help em pack if it meant getting the angelo’s the hell of the baltimore sports.

Peter Angelos was not a great owner. But I am very impressed with his sons and believe the franchise is in good hands. They are 1000% better than Jimmy Irsay and even he was 1000% better than his father, who was a 1000% worse than Peter Angelos.

I believe the franchise has not been in better shape since the early eighties and have no interest in ownership change as it currently exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezek.18[20
    The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.
    "That's what."
    — She

Blog Entries

how about the good old city of Cinci straight off their SB loss...

owner insults fans, threatens to move the team on opening day https://www.sportingnews.com/us/mlb/...jbhj32ngzrzpvl

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    how about the good old city of Cinci straight off their SB loss...

owner insults fans, threatens to move the team on opening day https://www.sportingnews.com/us/mlb/...jbhj32ngzrzpvl
    That deserves national blowback. Not just local outcry and anger. Cinnci is a bad football town but a wonderful baseball town.
    God, Family, Country, Orioles Baseball, Ravens Football

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Baltimore35 View Post
    That deserves national blowback. Not just local outcry and anger. Cinnci is a bad football town but a wonderful baseball town.
    So true but unfortunately money rules. Owners have proven they’ll do whatever it takes, enticed by the glamour of a new stadium and a new fawning fan base.
    No more cities and teams were loyal to their teams than Baltimore to the Colts, Oakland Raiders, hell even the Brooklyn Dodgers and NY Giants BB show no city was ever immune.
    The Patriots got the new Gillette Stadium only when Kraft threatened to move to Hartford, and Buffalo just folded to threats of losing the Bills.
    If I woke up and found news of the Las Vegas Orioles or Carolina Reds wouldn’t shock me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    So true but unfortunately money rules. Owners have proven they’ll do whatever it takes, enticed by the glamour of a new stadium and a new fawning fan base.
    No more cities and teams were loyal to their teams than Baltimore to the Colts, Oakland Raiders, hell even the Brooklyn Dodgers and NY Giants BB show no city was ever immune.
    The Patriots got the new Gillette Stadium only when Kraft threatened to move to Hartford, and Buffalo just folded to threats of losing the Bills.
    If I woke up and found news of the Las Vegas Orioles or Carolina Reds wouldn’t shock me.
    Unfortunately it’s ALWAYS been that way, as you noted with the historic examples. Still to this day, no move is worse and more bitter than the Colts leaving here.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Baltimore35 View Post
    Unfortunately itÂ’s ALWAYS been that way, as you noted with the historic examples. Still to this day, no move is worse and more bitter than the Colts leaving here.
    Agreed, and salt in the wound was the NFL suck up to Cleveland after telling Baltimore to build a museum. Makes our SBÂ’s so much more rewarding. And why I donÂ’t feel bad about being petty seeing the Browns still be the Browns. Imma love watching their self imposed cap hell keep them the Browns we all know and love for years to come.

Last night they are down by 1 run in the bottom of the 8th. they load the bases with no out. the next three batters strike out. after three years of a rebuild they can't even produce players that can make contact.

Another year that the season is over before the end of April.

Truly pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by NCRavensFan View Post
    Another year that the season is over before the end of April.

Truly pathetic
    And Brandon Hyde going into his 4th season. He isn't the answer and never was. The team needs a Davey Johnson/Earl Weaver type to turn the team completely around and get the right players and NEVER accept mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by Orioles1 View Post
    And Brandon Hyde going into his 4th season. He isn't the answer and never was. The team needs a Davey Johnson/Earl Weaver type to turn the team completely around and get the right players and NEVER accept mediocrity.
    I would say that Brandon Hyde needs Davey Johnson and Earl Weaver players. Davey's teams had home-grown talent like Murray, Ripken, Anderson, Hoiles, Rhodes, Mills, Mussina...and then supplemented with outside talent like Palmeiro, Alomar, Wells, Erickson, Myers, Orosco.... Do I even have to name the level of talent the organization fed into Weaver's clubhouse in the late sixties and throughout the seventies? The best players Hyde has are more along the lines of the worst of the starting nine for Johnson/Weaver...over-hyped types like Hammonds and Alexander.

Maybe Hyde will never be a great manager. Maybe they never expected him to be, given the hole they put him in. But suggesting that replacing him with a Johnson/Weaver type is the solution, or that he is the problem, doesn't add up for me...at all. It's a clear case of previously undervaluing the minor league system which, to my way of thinking, caught up with them and which takes time to fix. MLB dynamics don't allow change like NFL or NBA roster building. Personally I could not be more happy with what I see in the pipeline and can accept that they are where they are. '23 remains the year I've been waiting for.
    "That's what."
    — She

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    I would say that Brandon Hyde needs Davey Johnson and Earl Weaver players. Davey's teams had home-grown talent like Murray, Ripken, Anderson, Hoiles, Rhodes, Mills, Mussina...and then supplemented with outside talent like Palmeiro, Alomar, Wells, Erickson, Myers, Orosco.... Do I even have to name the level of talent the organization fed into Weaver's clubhouse in the late sixties and throughout the seventies? The best players Hyde has are more along the lines of the worst of the starting nine for Johnson/Weaver...over-hyped types like Hammonds and Alexander.

Maybe Hyde will never be a great manager. Maybe they never expected him to be, given the hole they put him in. But suggesting that replacing him with a Johnson/Weaver type is the solution, or that he is the problem, doesn't add up for me...at all. It's a clear case of previously undervaluing the minor league system which, to my way of thinking, caught up with them and which takes time to fix. MLB dynamics don't allow change like NFL or NBA roster building. Personally I could not be more happy with what I see in the pipeline and can accept that they are where they are. '23 remains the year I've been waiting for.
    Well said Shas. All I've been looking for as a fan the past couple seasons is a prospect or two that I can hang my hat on that will be a part of the team when it's competitive again. Mountcastle, Mullins, and maybe Santander if he can stay healthy are foundational pieces. The young pitchers have been disappointing so far, but there are countless examples of pitchers who just flipped a switch one day and became legit major leaguers after looking hopeless for a few seasons.

If 2022 gives us successful debuts for Rutschman and Rodriguez, and even one other young guy emerging in the rotation, it will be a successful season. That's enough of a core to build around in '23 and start playing competitive baseball.
    "Chin up, chest out."