Page 2 of 235 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: OT: Orioles Opening Day

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Anyone see the story that the Lerners plan on selling the Nationals?

I guess they have given up in their fight to force the Orioles to let them out of their MASN deal.
    I hear Montreal is looking for a team...

Sent from my Galaxy S20 using Tapatalk

2. Re: OT: Orioles Opening Day

Quote Originally Posted by VegasRaven View Post
    In the 1970's, I would look forward to opening day all through the winter at Memorial Stadium. Now the Orioles are more like a Triple A team with no chance of winning.

Too bad that this organization has fallen so far.
    12,14,16 are the last playoffs. It hasn’t been complete failure but I love my orioles always have and opening day is salways special

Did they win?

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePill View Post
    Ouch, wouldn't that be something? The family that buys the bankrupt Expos sells it back to them.
    "That's what."
    — She

Blog Entries

Sent from my Galaxy S20 using Tapatalk
    If the Orioles could pull off a deal like the Browns and get new ownership, and retain stats, history, and name, even if it meant a year without a team I’d volunteer to help em pack if it meant getting the Angelo’s the hell of the Baltimore sports.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Yup, when the old man passed the team to his son I remember him saying they would never sell.
    Look, what do I know? There could be any number of reasons they want to sell. But I know they've been fighting Angelos, who owns MASN (people mistakenly say the Orioles own MASN). I think they thought they could just renege on the contract they signed with the Orioles that allowed them to pry the DC market away from the Orioles, who owned they territorial rights before they bargained it away in exchange for a favorable cut of MASN profits. (Can you tell that their arrogance in thinking they could demand the deal to be rewritten pisses me off?)

Anyway, my hunch is the family was banking on a new MASN deal to make them even richer for years to come...or to have a new deal in place that would make the franchise much more valuable so they could flip it for a huge sum. IOW, the 2018 comments are BS.

The fact they are selling now tells me they've concluded they can't beat Angelos in court.
    "That's what."
    — She

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    If the Orioles could pull off a deal like the Browns and get new ownership, and retain stats, history, and name, even if it meant a year without a team I’d volunteer to help em pack if it meant getting the Angelo’s the hell of the Baltimore sports.
    I was referring the the Washington Expos, I mean Nationals ;)

I thought for sure they'd blow that game yesterday. Shocked that our bullpen held the shutout.

I thought for sure they'd blow that game yesterday. Shocked that our bullpen held the shutout.
    At the beginning of the year the bullpen is still relatively fresh and hasn't broken down yet from the regular 3-5 inning starts by our horrible starting pitching. Within the next 2-3 weeks the injuries will add up, the bullpen will be in shambles, and we'll be well on our way to another 100 loss season.

Quote Originally Posted by Balbirdsfan View Post
    At the beginning of the year the bullpen is still relatively fresh and hasn't broken down yet from the regular 3-5 inning starts by our horrible starting pitching. Within the next 2-3 weeks the injuries will add up, the bullpen will be in shambles, and we'll be well on our way to another 100 loss season.

Carrying 14 pitchers because the league allows it until next month helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Balbirdsfan View Post
    Hey a hundred loss season would be a heck of an improvement LOL

Hey a hundred loss season would be a heck of an improvement LOL
    Yes it would.