Page 4 of 240 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: OT: Orioles Opening Day

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Well said Shas. All I've been looking for as a fan the past couple seasons is a prospect or two that I can hang my hat on that will be a part of the team when it's competitive again. Mountcastle, Mullins, and maybe Santander if he can stay healthy are foundational pieces. The young pitchers have been disappointing so far, but there are countless examples of pitchers who just flipped a switch one day and became legit major leaguers after looking hopeless for a few seasons.

If 2022 gives us successful debuts for Rutschman and Rodriguez, and even one other young guy emerging in the rotation, it will be a successful season. That's enough of a core to build around in '23 and start playing competitive baseball.
    For sure. If Mullins' career can mirror Brady Anderson's and not Hammond's...If Mountcastle can become anything close to what Murray was... Rodriguez/Mussina...Henderson/Ripken...anything close to that, and I'm happy. If I didn't think that was realistic—as I did not in most of the last 20 years—then I would be unhappy.
    "That's what."
    — She

O's won the first series of the year, taking 2 of 3 from the Yankees.

Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    O's won the first series of the year, taking 2 of 3 from the Yankees.
    O's getting some quality pitching so far; too bad Means is on the 60 day DL. If they could actually hit the ball, they might have a decent season. Can't rely on walk-off walks all year to win a game

Watching the game yesterday, had to double check on where it was being played after hearing crowd noise after every yankee hit. Camden was full of those loudmouths. Nice to send them home unhappy.

O's are here in Cincitucky in July, so we're planning a big group with the in-laws.

Blog Entries

don't look now...(ok look now) but the Orioles have a better record than 12 MLB teams.

so used to seeing them dead last by July...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    don't look now...(ok look now) but the Orioles have a better record than 12 MLB teams.

so used to seeing them dead last by July...
    Can the O's capture 'lightning in a bottle' and battle into a Playoff spot in 2022?

Record has really improved since they called up Rutschman.

Blog Entries

People looked at me crazy when I predicted 70 wins before the season. Playoffs in 2023. Watch.

I’m enjoying watching Mateo at SS. Converted outfielder. Making impossible plays. Hitting is poor but he did homer the other day.

O’s are in Cincitucky next month, so we’re planning on catching 2 games. I’ll be the only one wearing orange & black, of course

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioleWay View Post
    I’m enjoying watching Mateo at SS. Converted outfielder. Making impossible plays. Hitting is poor but he did homer the other day.

O’s are in Cincitucky next month, so we’re planning on catching 2 games. I’ll be the only one wearing orange & black, of course
    OT but what is up with the Reds? woof

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    People looked at me crazy when I predicted 70 wins before the season. Playoffs in 2023. Watch.
    June is the first winning month since 2017!

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioleWay View Post
    Record has really improved since they called up Rutschman.
    Sometimes a player is more than just a player

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    June is the first winning month since 2017!
    Mullins made three gold glove plays last night. Mountcastle made an over the shoulder catch in foul territory running away from the first base bage...Bullpen (and the pitching overall) has been strong as hell.

Not to mention the hitting. Rutschman already has such a keen eye for the strike zone - so fun to watch!

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/...zfe-story.html
    "Did Ed Reed get the respect that he deserves? No he did not...Am I gonna get it? Probably won't. Hopefully he do. If I don't, then, hey, man, I'm alright with me." - Ed Reed