Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
Well said Shas. All I've been looking for as a fan the past couple seasons is a prospect or two that I can hang my hat on that will be a part of the team when it's competitive again. Mountcastle, Mullins, and maybe Santander if he can stay healthy are foundational pieces. The young pitchers have been disappointing so far, but there are countless examples of pitchers who just flipped a switch one day and became legit major leaguers after looking hopeless for a few seasons.

If 2022 gives us successful debuts for Rutschman and Rodriguez, and even one other young guy emerging in the rotation, it will be a successful season. That's enough of a core to build around in '23 and start playing competitive baseball.
For sure. If Mullins' career can mirror Brady Anderson's and not Hammond's...If Mountcastle can become anything close to what Murray was... Rodriguez/Mussina...Henderson/Ripken...anything close to that, and I'm happy. If I didn't think that was realistic—as I did not in most of the last 20 years—then I would be unhappy.