Page 5 of 239 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: OT: Orioles Opening Day

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioleWay View Post
    I’ll be the only one wearing orange & black, of course
    Don’t Bengals fans wear their gear everywhere now? Even during sex?

"Did Ed Reed get the respect that he deserves? No he did not...Am I gonna get it? Probably won't. Hopefully he do. If I don't, then, hey, man, I'm alright with me." - Ed Reed

Quote Originally Posted by Jam31 View Post
    Mullins made three gold glove plays last night. Mountcastle made an over the shoulder catch in foul territory running away from the first base bage...Bullpen (and the pitching overall) has been strong as hell.

Not to mention the hitting. Rutschman already has such a keen eye for the strike zone - so fun to watch!

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/...zfe-story.html
    Mullins and Mateo top 5 in stolen bases also. Even when they were good under Buck they had a station to station approach to base running, so what they’re doing now is very cool. That guy they got off waivers from Boston is making some sharp plays too.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    That guy they got off waivers from Boston.
    Ooversnoozle?

Seriously, I can't get my head around his name.
    "That's what."
    — She

Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    Don’t Bengals fans wear their gear everywhere now? Even during sex?
    The bandwagon here is over the top. Everyone has brand new gear, right off the rack. Still a plethora of Palmer jerseys. Some of the Cousin Eddie’s here put duct tape over his name and write in BURROW with a sharpie, since they’re both conveniently #9

A Walk-off Hit by Pitch win????? Talk about whatever it takes to win a game, but I'll take it

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioleWay View Post
    Record has really improved since they called up Rutschman.
    As of today they're only 7 games under .500 and -25 in run differential. That puts them at rank #20 for each.

When you factor in that they're achieving this in the toughest division in baseball I'd consider the O's a middle of the road team which is a vast improvement from what we've seen in the past several years.

The O's may be finally turning the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    As of today they're only 7 games under .500 and -25 in run differential. That puts them at rank #20 for each.

When you factor in that they're achieving this in the toughest division in baseball I'd consider the O's a middle of the road team which is a vast improvement from what we've seen in the past several years.

Let's call it The Adley Rutschman Effect:

https://www.camdenchat.com/2022/7/5/...dley-rutschman

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post

Their weakest spot -- their infield offense -- is exactly their strength at AAA. I am pretty excited for next year.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Their weakest spot -- their infield offense -- is exactly their strength at AAA. I am pretty excited for next year.
    That's really encouraging. Another weakness across the board is hitting with RISP. Getting better as of late, though.

We were in Norfolk last week, the Tides were in town and I really wanted to catch a game, but couldn't squeeze it in our schedule. Thinking of hitting a Shorebirds game next time we're in OC.

July 6 and they are only 5 under .500

And just like that, complaints about the Orioles underspending during their rebuild decreased.