How about dem Os

Re: 2022 O's

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern_Shore_Fan View Post
    How about dem Os
    A lot more fun to watch.

I’m hoping Adley up is next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know where to look up details from past games? Specifically I want to track down bases occupied for every Oriole at-bat. Does such a game statistic exist or must you watch a complete rebroadcast of each game (I hope not)?

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus Corax View Post
    Does anyone know where to look up details from past games? Specifically I want to track down bases occupied for every Oriole at-bat. Does such a game statistic exist or must you watch a complete rebroadcast of each game (I hope not)?
    I THINK fangraphs would be a good place to start.

If you’re talking about them hitting with runners in scoring position it wasn’t good early but has been better as of late.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    I THINK fangraphs would be a good place to start.

If you’re talking about them hitting with runners in scoring position it wasn’t good early but has been better as of late.

Thanks b24, I’ll check that out. Yes, it has to do with runners in scoring position. But it’s a little more complicated than that. I have kept a record through the first 26 games of runs not scored because the sacrifice bunt wasn’t used enough. By my count, we could have scored as much as 24 more runs in those games. As a consequence, we could have four more wins. I am an advocate of using the sacrifice bunt to score runs from third base.

CCx

Blog Entries

It's not always going to be pretty rest the way, but this team is fun to watch and a small glimpse of the talent on it's way. Just really enjoying watching this ballclub and what's in store.

Baseball reference is always my go to. Best site on the internet.
    God, Family, Country, Orioles Baseball, Ravens Football

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus Corax View Post
    Thanks b24, I’ll check that out. Yes, it has to do with runners in scoring position. But it’s a little more complicated than that. I have kept a record through the first 26 games of runs not scored because the sacrifice bunt wasn’t used enough. By my count, we could have scored as much as 24 more runs in those games. As a consequence, we could have four more wins. I am an advocate of using the sacrifice bunt to score runs from third base.

CCx
    I actually like using the bunt more myself. One of the reasons I’m a fan of moving the wall back at Camden Yards is to see more action on the base paths. I love when guys steal bases, play small ball and win games 3-2

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    I actually like using the bunt more myself. One of the reasons I’m a fan of moving the wall back at Camden Yards is to see more action on the base paths. I love when guys steal bases, play small ball and win games 3-2

Moving the left field wall back was a total and pleasant surprise. There’s no doubt it has had a positive impact on the pitching staff. Too bad it wasn’t accomplished a whole lot sooner (sacrificing seats most likely had a lot to do with that).

While the pitching has been a pleasant surprise so far, this team is still hard to watch. Once they get down by 3 or 4, it's over.

In 40 years since they won the World Series, they've made the playoffs 5 TIMES.
    Let that sink in - 5 years out of the past 40!
    And that's from a team that almost always were in contention every year.
    That's inexcusable... In ANY sport!
    Unfortunately, as long as frog-faced Angelos owns this team, that's not likely to improve.

Sent from my ass using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Beerracuda View Post
    While the pitching has been a pleasant surprise so far, this team is still hard to watch. Once they get down by 3 or 4, it's over.

In 40 years since they won the World Series, they've made the playoffs 5 TIMES.
    Let that sink in - 5 years out of the past 40!
    And that's from a team that almost always were in contention every year.
    That's inexcusable... In ANY sport!
    Unfortunately, as long as frog-faced Angelos owns this team, that's not likely to improve.

Sent from my ass using Tapatalk

It might get fun tonight

Adley is here!!!!!

12. Re: 2022 O's

Hall of fame Adley Weiters Rutschman is being called up today! Rejoice, the Orioles are going to the playoffs!

The wife put her hand on her knee for healing and the husband on his crotch.

Wife: "Husband the pastor can only do healing miracles, not raise the dead!"