Page 2 of 513 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: News/rumors 2022 season

Davante Adams told the Packers to take their franchise tag and shove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    Davante Adams told the Packers to take their franchise tag and shove it.
    Always interesting when they set up this game of chicken. Is he really ready to start missing paychecks? Will GB cave and pay him? Will they tag and trade him?

Very rare that a player who makes that statement ends up actually following through. Lev Bell is the only one I can think of, but I guess there have been a few others. Usually it's used for leverage to get a deal done.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Always interesting when they set up this game of chicken. Is he really ready to start missing paychecks? Will GB cave and pay him? Will they tag and trade him?

Very rare that a player who makes that statement ends up actually following through. Lev Bell is the only one I can think of, but I guess there have been a few others. Usually it's used for leverage to get a deal done.
    Adams is seeing what happened to Allen Robinson on the Bears last year. Robinson is a year younger than Adams. He was expected to be the top WR on the market last year. Instead he gets franchised and has his worst healthy year as a pro. Robinson will still get paid but nothing like he would have last year.

This is last big long term deal for Adams at 29 years old. As a wide receiver he's going to get less at 30 next year. I understand his frustration. I don't know if he'll actually hold out. Robinson said the exact same thing and ended up playing. The Packers really need get this deal done. He's the only good receiving option on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Adams is seeing what happened to Allen Robinson on the Bears last year. Robinson is a year younger than Adams. He was expected to be the top WR on the market last year. Instead he gets franchised and has his worst healthy year as a pro. Robinson will still get paid but nothing like he would have last year.

This is last big long term deal for Adams at 29 years old. As a wide receiver he's going to get less at 30 next year. I understand his frustration. I don't know if he'll actually hold out. Robinson said the exact same thing and ended up playing. The Packers really need get this deal done. He's the only good receiving option on the team.
    He is also (in my humble opinion) the best receiver in the league at the moment. According to OTC, the Packers are the worst in the league (by far) in terms of cap space. I'm sure the Rodgers extension gave them a little room, but I have to imagine they would have a hard time paying Devante $19MM on the tag and still keeping anyone else decent on their roster.

And I'm sure Devante's camp knows they can't pay him and stay under the cap. Thus the power play.

I get his frustration too, but he has made $62MM already. He's looking for his last payday, not his first.

EDIT: Just saw Bc's post. They were $38MM over. If they saved $15MM on Zadarius, and let's say another $15MM on Rodgers extension, they are still over. Lots more work to do there.
    Last edited by HotInHere; 03-14-2022 at 11:15 AM.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Unhappy Re: News/rumors 2022 season

Packers releasing Za’Darius Smith :

" According to multiple reports, the Packers are releasing him as they get their roster and cap in order ahead of the start of the new league year.

Smith missed the final 16 games of the regular season with a back injury, but returned for the team’s playoff loss to the 49ers. He had 26 sacks over his first two seasons in Green Bay.

Releasing Smith clears $15 million in cap space for the Packers. "

Za got injured, but he got well paid for his two years as a Packer. In our Ravens defense, he wouldn't have done as well. It seems to restrict the full pass-rushing skills and talents of pass rushers... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post

Packers have already blown up their future cap - what's one more deal? Get it done, there is plenty of time

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Packers have already blown up their future cap - what's one more deal? Get it done, there is plenty of time
    Start getting in shape folks! The 2025 Packers are going to be looking for people to pay them for the privilege of suiting up in a Packers uni in NFL games. That's how underwater they're going to be.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Packers releasing Za’Darius Smith :

" According to multiple reports, the Packers are releasing him as they get their roster and cap in order ahead of the start of the new league year.

Smith missed the final 16 games of the regular season with a back injury, but returned for the team’s playoff loss to the 49ers. He had 26 sacks over his first two seasons in Green Bay.

Releasing Smith clears $15 million in cap space for the Packers. "

Za got injured, but he got well paid for his two years as a Packer. In our Ravens defense, he wouldn't have done as well. It seems to restrict the full pass-rushing skills and talents of pass rushers... Bc
    Really hoping this changes with Wink gone now

What's the new cap gonna be in 2025 though? After the latest round of tv deals and streaming deals?
    My guess is they'll be in about the same cap shape as they are this year, relatively speaking.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Really hoping this changes with Wink gone now
    Rygar, I am hopeful it will with Macdonald as DC. I believe Oweh can benefit more from him than Wink. It's not that I'm knocking Wink, he did some good work here, but we've seen a few Ravens who've left and piled up double-digit sacks elsewhere. I want to see those sacks here.

BTW, if Za'Smith is healthy and a reasonable signing, I wouldn't mind seeing those two team up on opposite ends... Bc

Blog Entries

Former Ravens News :

Tyrod Taylor plans to sign with the Giants
    Posted by Josh Alper on March 15, 2022, 6:29 PM EDT

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...n-with-giants/

" Taylor is reportedly signing a two-year deal worth $17 million with $8.5 million in guaranteed money.

Taylor started six games for the Texans last season and has also started games for the Chargers and Browns since leaving the Bills at the end of the 2017 season. If Daniel Jones doesn’t show improvement or continues his trend of missed time with injury, Taylor will be in line to add to that total. "

... Bc

They also have contracts out for Campbell (lb ) & Douglas. They need even more room.