Page 193 of 258 FirstFirst ... 191192193194195 ... LastLast
Results 2,305 to 2,316 of 3091
    Blog Entries

Re: News/rumors 2022 season

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    One of the big differences between winning and losing franchises in the salary cap era, is that winning franchises pay great players top dollar, while losing franchises pay merely good players top dollar.
    True. Winning franchises also make aggressive moves. The Bucs go and get Tom Brady and don't just stop there. They pay to keep Jenson and Godwin. They pick up guys who fit on the cheap and then pay them to stay once they see how they can contribute.

The Rams were the same. They traded for Stafford and Ramsey but didn't pay them until they were certain they were as good as they thought they'd be. Donald and Kupp who they knew because they drafted them were always kept happy

Those are well run teams as are the Ravens and Steelers. We may do things differently but they also players in a similar way.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    The owners club is probably hesitant to have one of there own forced out. They don't like the idea of not having uktimate control
    I agree. It's one of those where, in the short term, it would benefit them from a PR perspective to get rid of Snyder. However, in the long-term, that's a path that could lead to the destruction of quite a few more and they also don't want to feel like they are being forced 'by anyone else' to force him out.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    There are still rumblings in Oakland and Dallas regarding workplace misconduct. Kraft himself was caught up in a massage scandal. Houston and Miami are involved in pending litigation regarding Brian Flores. And we still don't know what's really in all those emails from the Commanders. Oh yeah and Gruden also has a lawsuit. Cleveland and Flying Pilot J was not that long ago. So at least 7 of the 32 teams have some serious issues going on right now or recently that have been made public. Who knows how much shit is still under wraps right now. I think there are probably a few other owners who are trying to stay as quiet as they can for fear of exposure of their own dirty laundry.
    Well, one thing is for certain, to piggyback off of your comment. Daniel 'Jesus F'ing Christ' Snyder, ain't going away quietly................................ or alone.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Well, one thing is for certain, to piggyback off of your comment. Daniel 'Jesus F'ing Christ' Snyder, ain't going away quietly................................ or alone.
    and that is why they don't want to pressure him and why Goodell says he's been held accountable (past tense). If they release those emails.... who knows how many others would be exposed.
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Crazy Stat: Patrick Mahomes could throw 15 touchdowns the rest of his career and still finish with more career touchdown passes than Hall of Fame quarterback Troy Aikman.

Note: Mahomes has played in 102 fewer games.

Cool Re: News/rumors 2022 season

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Crazy Stat: Patrick Mahomes could throw 15 touchdowns the rest of his career and still finish with more career touchdown passes than Hall of Fame quarterback Troy Aikman.

Note: Mahomes has played in 102 fewer games.
    People tend to forget that Aikman never threw for a lot of yardage or touchdowns in his career. He didnít have to. When you had Emett Smith running the ball behind that all world offensive line that the Cowboys had, you didnít need to!

Quote Originally Posted by PalladinInNC View Post
    People tend to forget that Aikman never threw for a lot of yardage or touchdowns in his career. He didn’t have to. When you had Emett Smith running the ball behind that all world offensive line that the Cowboys had, you didn’t need to!
    It was a different game back then.

Quote Originally Posted by PalladinInNC View Post
    People tend to forget that Aikman never threw for a lot of yardage or touchdowns in his career. He didn’t have to. When you had Emett Smith running the ball behind that all world offensive line that the Cowboys had, you didn’t need to!
    I always considered Aikman to be immensely overrated. Not to say he was bad. But when 3/5 of your line starts the Pro Bowl. When you have a HoFers at WR and HB. When you have the best FB and TE in the league. I mean, it's really hard not to be a good QB in that offense.
    "Not bad for a running back."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    I always considered Aikman to be immensely overrated. Not to say he was bad. But when 3/5 of your line starts the Pro Bowl. When you have a HoFers at WR and HB. When you have the best FB and TE in the league. I mean, it's really hard not to be a good QB in that offense.

I stayed in constant arguments with a buddy of mine who was a die hard Cowboys fan. I thought Aikman was overrated and didn't belong in the Hall of Fame.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Cooper Kupp is worth every cent they are paying him. That's an easy example of how there are receivers worth that kind of money
    And I think if the Ravens drafted someone of Kupps quality, they would probably pay him what the Rams just did. But Hollywood Brown is obviously not in the same class as a Cooper Kupp.

People are going in what the Ravens prioritising other positions... I'm not sure if that's true. The Ravens want to pay great players who are worth it. Hopefully one day we get someone like Kupp that we can pay big dollars to... Hopefully that is Bateman, but right now we don't have a WR like that and arguably never have had.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Dilfer may have been able to win those SBs.
    We didn’t have chopped liver but….
    Replace Sam (we love you) Gash with Daryl Johnson
    Qadry with Michael Irvin
    Give Emmitt a little nod over Jamal
    Ogden/Mulatado vs Tuinei/Larry Allen
    Sharpe vs Novacek

3 Super Bowls sure helped get him in, but agree, not an elite enough QB and a homer color man when I used to watch other games
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Hopefully that is Bateman, but right now we don't have a WR like that and arguably never have had.
    Only tweak to everything you said is to add “in his prime” at the end

IMO Steve Smith Sr. Should have been in on first ballot. But yes, never had one worth paying that much to at the time we had him.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old