Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    You don't have to con-Vince me about Biegel :

I'd like one... Bc

Is that an everything Biegel .?

Blog Entries

Re: News/rumors 2022 season

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    they need a few warm bodies at this point - get through camp
    And what we don’t need is a potential IR candidate squeezing cap space in season. But who knows what happens at this point.

Wish him well, never seen him play AFAIK
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    In other news didn’t we bring in Geronimo Allison for rookie camp? He signed with the Falcons. I wonder if he saw the offense and was like fuck that shit.
    I think it's more like we saw Allison and was like "fuck this shit".

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff66 View Post
    All you need to know is he’s injury prone. Plays like a raven for sure.
    Sarcasm aside, he's totally a Raven type player. Co-co-cap type. Jarret Johnson-lite. Multi-generational football family. At worst can play special teams if healthy. Would not be available if not for injuries. Worth the risk.
    "That's what."
    — She

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    You don't have to con-Vince me about Biegel :

I'd like one... Bc
    Now just add lox, scallion cream cheese, red onions and capers, and I'm set!

Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk View Post
    You have good taste, sir!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    Is that an everything Biegel .?
    Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk View Post
    Doesn't it look delish? I'd better eat it before my sister-in-law gets home. She eats bagel like M&Ms... Bc

Anyone see the news about Jesse Bates not wanting to play on the franchise tag? Good news, I think he would be a big loss for Cincy if he gets moved

Quote Originally Posted by FruitPunch View Post
    Anyone see the news about Jesse Bates not wanting to play on the franchise tag? Good news, I think he would be a big loss for Cincy if he gets moved
    I think the Bengals have some outdated contract practices where they are one of the only teams left in the league that won't guarantee veteran contracts beyond the 1st year. It's been one of the reasons they have traditionally struggled to hold on to their own free agents or attract top of market guys with options. I thought I read somewhere that they were going to start moving away from that model now that they have Burrow and want to keep a good team around him, but I'm not sure. Someone who is more knowledgeable about the cap and contract structures can fill in the gaps here, but I think the gist of it is that whatever portion of the contract the team guarantees, that money has to be put in escrow at the time the contract is signed. The Bengals are traditionally either cheap and/or cash strapped. I believe they are one of the teams that does not typically spend to the ceiling and try to stay closer to the salary cap floor. Fresh off a SB appearance I would assume they should be flush with stadium revenue for the next few seasons to go along with the new TV money that all the teams share, so they should be able to update their procedures to keep and attract more FAs as we roll through this next decade. But it's definitely something to keep a watch on. Their window might be smaller than we all think unless they can continue drafting well. That will become harder as the team finishes with better records.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FruitPunch View Post
    He'll cave. They all do since the new CBA. It's too expensive for them to hold out once the penalties kick in. Bates has the same agent as Jalen Ramsey and Deshaun Watson. The rumor is that he's looking for the same contract as Jalen Ramsey. It's not going to happen. The Bengals offered him Harrison Smith money which would make him the 2nd highest paid Safety in the NFL and he turned it down. This clearly impacted the way they drafted since Dax Hill and Cam Britt Taylor could be replacements.

Blog Entries

Plus the Bengals used their first two picks on defensive backs.

He was huge in the playoffs last year, though...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

GB also uses the no guarantees after the 1st yr. The Steelers used it until Watt last season. If Bates makes enough noise about not signing and wanting a trade he could be moved. The Bengals may use the we drafted your replacement.