Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: 2022 Maryland lacrosse (men)

Quote Originally Posted by Beerracuda View Post
    Anyone else think the Terps looked a bit off their game today? With the exception of that one minute in the 3rd quarter when they scored 3 straight goals in a minute, they looked lethargic and played rather sloppy at times.

Sent from my ass using Tapatalk
    Yeah definitely their B or even C game offensively. Way too many turnovers. Sloppy passing in general. Defense looked terrific all game however. Even the backup goaltender played his ass off. This team is so good they can have a bad game and still win easily. If they lose Monday it will probably be considered the biggest upset in final four history. Maryland is an absolute machine!

Sent from my Galaxy S20 using Tapatalk

Congrats Maryland Terps
    2022 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

But man, was that ever a sloppy game! They were driving me nuts with all those damn turnovers!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beerracuda View Post
    Congrats Maryland Terps
    2022 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

But man, was that ever a sloppy game! They were driving me nuts with all those damn turnovers!!!!

The goalie saved them. My Big Red will have to wait to break their title drought. Still, quite a season after not playing for 2 years. Congrats to the Terps.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus Corax View Post
    Last year’s team went into the NCAA championship game undefeated and lost to Virginia by one goal. Don’t know if they can get back to that final game and win it all this year. There’s a rematch with VA on March 19 that may tell us enough (IF the Cavaliers are strong this year as well).

CCx
    Well, Terps finally got revenge on Cornell after losing to them twice in the finals (1971, 1976). They also learned from their only loss in the final game last year to Virginia (their defense showed up this time). Going into the NCAAs undefeated again made me nervous. But beating Virginia (twice), Princeton (twice) and Cornell in consecutive tournament games was a testament to their legitimacy. They came very, very close to winning back-to-back national championships, losing only one game (by one goal) in two seasons combined.