Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2022 Maryland lacrosse (men)

Last year’s team went into the NCAA championship game undefeated and lost to Virginia by one goal. Don’t know if they can get back to that final game and win it all this year. There’s a rematch with VA on March 19 that may tell us enough (IF the Cavaliers are strong this year as well).

CCx

Re: 2022 Maryland lacrosse (men)

Terps under Tillman tend to play better as the year goes. Early matchup with UVA might not tell the whole story.

Have faith my Fellow Laxbro! Terps Lax has been ultra legit since we got Tillman. I have no doubt they will contend for National Tittle again this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Terps under Tillman tend to play better as the year goes. Early matchup with UVA might not tell the whole story.

Have faith my Fellow Laxbro! Terps Lax has been ultra legit since we got Tillman. I have no doubt they will contend for National Tittle again this year.

Thanks. I’m a Terps fan but I know very little about the program.

Priorities for UVA contest on 3/19:

1. Survive the game physically.
    2. Survive the game emotionally.
    3. A Terps win would be nice, especially if it bolsters confidence. BUT a rematch in the NCAA tournament is far more important (i.e., don’t win the battle only to lose the war). Can’t really get revenge before then.

CCx

Told ya CC. Have faith in the Turtles Lax teams. Best programs in NCAA consistently. Always recruit well and are very well coached.

Beat the brakes off UVA today Baby!

I can’t remember the last time the Terps made a statement against UVA in any sport. Nevertheless, it will mean very little if UMd doesn’t get to AND win the NCAA championship game.

CCx

I would be more comfortable if they didn’t have to go undefeated to win it all. Since there has been an NCAA tournament (1971), the Terps have never won the championship going undefeated. They can afford to lose one inconsequential game in the regular season or conference tournament.

CCx

Now they’re going to have to do it the hard way (remain undefeated). Hope the head coach knows what he’s doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus Corax View Post
    Now they’re going to have to do it the hard way (remain undefeated). Hope the head coach knows what he’s doing.
    They’re loaded. If he screws this up …

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus Corax View Post
    Priorities for UVA contest on 3/19:

1. Survive the game physically.
    2. Survive the game emotionally.
    3. A Terps win would be nice, especially if it bolsters confidence. BUT a rematch in the NCAA tournament is far more important (i.e., don’t win the battle only to lose the war). Can’t really get revenge before then.

CCx
    Finally got true revenge on 5/22.

Can’t understand why Terps must play the SECOND game on 5/28. They earned the No. 1 seed. Why must they have less time than their championship game opponent to prepare for the final game on 5/30? Network broadcast greed continues to be the ‘tail that wags the dog’ (i.e., ratings takes the place of fair competition).

CCx
    Last edited by Corvus Corax; 05-23-2022 at 12:44 PM.

Anyone else think the Terps looked a bit off their game today? With the exception of that one minute in the 3rd quarter when they scored 3 straight goals in a minute, they looked lethargic and played rather sloppy at times.

Sent from my ass using Tapatalk

I didn’t watch the second game; the 6-hour marathon for the first one was enough, and I figured Maryland would roll. It ended up closer than expected.

I was having flashbacks to the 2012 Super Bowl in the first game.