Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 212223
    Blog Entries

Re: It's been good knowing you guys

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    Yes. Putin would have to go full Stalin and start executing people in order to gain full control.

Putin is trying to apply Soviet-style tactics to a post Soviet world.

I will say that Putin has held back a lot of the heavy firepower up until the last couple days. I think he was trying to avoid civilian casualties, but once the media and western governments ignored that or said the opposite, he said fuck it. The next few days could be really bad.

Regardless, I don't like where any of this is going.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    A lot of interesting conclusions can be made of recent events. Starting with warfare, it really isn't about winning this type of war, it not to lose. Supply chain means more than strategy. Obviously, Russia can't take Ukrainian cities, so they will just level them.

Tank vs. Anti-tank has also rendered the use of armor to an all time low. What good is a 35 million dollar tank when 175K rocket can wipe it out and everyone in it? Level the town...

Also consider the power of corporations. Apple just pulled up stakes out of Russia and most other companies are following suit. Hell even China has gotten concerned as Nike has made a stand, can't have the face of pseudo hypocritical commerce disagree with the empire. Can I get Lebron James to enlighten us with his solution given his many years of experience in world affairs on the basketball court?

Way I see it, whether Putin is deposed or he starts using nukes, WWIII is here much like WWII was in that no one really called it WWII until it was well underway.

Shit like this puts a lot of thing into perspective. Baseball has cancelled opening day? Yeah, who gives a fuck about them or their sport. People are dying on the other side of the planet and billionaires and millionaires can't come up with a solution to share revenue.
    Last edited by Captain Silver; 03-02-2022 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    A lot of interesting conclusions can be made of recent events. Starting with warfare, it really isn't about winning this type of war, it not to lose. Supply chain means more than strategy. Obviously, Russia can't take Ukrainian cities, so they will just level them.

Tank vs. Anti-tank has also rendered the use of armor to an all time low. What good is a 35 million dollar tank when 175K rocket can wipe it out and everyone in it? Level the town...

Also consider the power of corporations. Apple just pulled up stakes out of Russia and most other companies are following suit. Hell even China has gotten concerned as Nike has made a stand, can't have the face of pseudo hypocritical commerce disagree with the empire. Can I get Lebron James to enlighten us with his solution given his many years of experience in world affairs on the basketball court?

Way I see it, whether Putin is deposed or he starts using nuke, WWIII is here much like WWII was in that no one really called it WWII until it was well underway.

Shit like this puts a lot of thing into perspective. Baseball has cancelled opening day? Yeah, who gives a fuck about them or their sport. People are dying on the other side of the planet and billionaires and millionaires can't come up with a solution to share revenue.
    Well said.

I'm with you on MLB. I couldn't care less about them. I was done after the top paid players bitched about not being paid enough during COVID, while regular Americans were out of jobs and collecting unemployment and trying to make ends meet.

Fuck'em.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post

Way I see it, whether Putin is deposed or he starts using nukes, WWIII is here much like WWII was in that no one really called it WWII until it was well underway.

Well said. Especially the bolded part.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh