Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Both sides are greedy.

I can solve the lockout/ strike. Replacement players.

Re: Both sides are greedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Satyr3206 View Post
    I can solve the lockout/ strike. Replacement players.
    This isn’t looking good that’s for sure. It looks like it’s going to cut into the regular season and that is only going to hurt the sport even more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would rather watch anyone rather than a bunch of greedy millionaires. Players that just love to play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Satyr3206 View Post
    I would rather watch anyone rather than a bunch of greedy millionaires. Players that just love to play the game.
    You don’t get that anywhere much anymore.

MLBPA declined MLBs offer and no deal is going to be done today. So now the start of the season is going to get pushed back most likely.

screw MLB
    "Once a Raven, always a Raven" - Q

Blog Entries

Generally nobody would watch replacement players. It's not 1994 and the MLB is not the NFL. Baseball is either a dying sport or just flat out uninteresting/boring in the eyes of many, especially under a certain age (lets just say 35). Saw a post on Twitter from a teacher that tried discussing the lockout with her high schoolers and none of them even watched baseball. That's what to me makes the MLBs decision even crazier. They aren't drawing in new/young fans and with this nonsense they are just further alienating what fans still watch.

BTW I do agree both sides are greedy but based on my understanding of the situation, the MLB/Manfred deserve majority of the blame here, not the players.
    Last edited by Bhcforlife; 03-02-2022 at 12:23 PM.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Generally nobody would watch replacement players. It's not 1994 and the MLB is not the NFL. Baseball is either a dying sport or just flat out uninteresting/boring in the eyes of many, especially under a certain age (lets just say 35). Saw a post on Twitter from a teacher that tried discussing the lockout with her high schoolers and none of them even watched baseball. That's what to me makes the MLBs decision even crazier. They aren't drawing in new/young fans and with this nonsense they are just further alienating what fans still watch.

BTW I do agree both sides are greedy but based on my understanding of the situation, the MLB/Manfred deserve majority of the blame here, not the players.
    In a dying sport, wouldn’t it seem reasonable for the owners to suggest that the players take a massive pay cut? The lock out is basically suggesting that operating the league isn’t super beneficial to owners. Players don’t really have a right to play for mega millions, they need to earn it with ratings, tickets sales and sponsorships and they are failing to do so:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    In a dying sport, wouldn’t it seem reasonable for the owners to suggest that the players take a massive pay cut? The lock out is basically suggesting that operating the league isn’t super beneficial to owners. Players don’t really have a right to play for mega millions, they need to earn it with ratings, tickets sales and sponsorships and they are failing to do so:

I think that's a fair take as well for sure. Agreed players aren't entitled to anything and if the sport is dying/failing to attract a new audience, that does fall on the players as well and it makes complete sense the owners trying to trim costs.

I just think the sport itself is just not compatible with the current and previous generations. Millennials/Gen Z aren't built/raised to be patient enough to watch a 3hr baseball game with the minimal action that each one has.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post

Players salaries have been going down the last 4 years while revenue has gone up. I think both sides need to realize how much they’re hurting this sport.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    Players salaries have been going down the last 4 years while revenue has gone up. I think both sides need to realize how much they’re hurting this sport.
    Can be interpreted as being a push by the owners to continue that trend. The star players were making way, way too much. Thine owners giveith, thine owners takeith away.

Lock out over - Play Ball!

Go O's 22