Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Wink hired by the Giants

What Wink likes to do is a pretty big jump from what the Giants have been doing on D. That is still a quality franchise however and obviouslt they know Wink pretty well and think highly of him. Best o luck.

Cant shake the image of Wink looking at LT whist thinking "this guys looks like he can cover TE's "

2. Re: Wink hired by the Giants

Wishing him well. God knows the NYC media will eat him alive for the slightest misstep!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Will Roman adjust? *ducks*
    You know damn well WInk will be running Cover Zero constantly

Quote Originally Posted by 757RavensFan View Post
    Wishing him well. God knows the NYC media will eat him alive for the slightest misstep!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    NYC sports radio will go scorched earth the first time Wink causes the Giants to lose running Cover Zero and allowing a game losing touchdown pass.

Yeah, I don't get this narrative that Wink is a bad defensive coordinator. Our defenses have been pretty solid when Wink had the personnel to run his scheme. I think the Ravens just decided to move on because they want to go another direction schematically, and perhaps Wink wasn't on board with that, and that's fine. It seems to be the circle of life for coordinators in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplenemesis View Post
    Yeah, I don't get this narrative that Wink is a bad defensive coordinator. Our defenses have been pretty solid when Wink had the personnel to run his scheme. I think the Ravens just decided to move on because they want to go another direction schematically, and perhaps Wink wasn't on board with that, and that's fine. It seems to be the circle of life for coordinators in the NFL.
    Wink's defense was generally good when he had the right personnel to run his scheme. The problem being when the defense doesn't have the right players, Wink hasn't shown the willingness to adjust and like you said it seems the Ravens are headed in a different direction now. It makes sense to move on if Wink isn't going to adapt to the players DeCosta wants to add to the roster.

Hopefully the Giants have considered all of the above, but based on their recent history maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    Wink's defense was generally good when he had the right personnel to run his scheme. The problem being when the defense doesn't have the right players, Wink hasn't shown the willingness to adjust and like you said it seems the Ravens are headed in a different direction now. It makes sense to move on if Wink isn't going to adapt to the players DeCosta wants to add to the roster.

Hopefully the Giants have considered all of the above, but based on their recent history maybe not.
    Wink changed his scheme later in the season after marlon went down(blitzed less)Problem was he couldn’t scheme pass rush with only rushing four players. Really never shown he could create pass rush without copious amount of pressure.

The Giants don't have what we have on defense and Wink doesn't make good halftime adjustments

And now it’s being reported that he’ll have company

Giants Plan To Add Rob Ryan To Staff https://www.profootballrumors.com/20...-ryan-to-staff

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by L. G. Dupre View Post

Giants Plan To Add Rob Ryan To Staff https://www.profootballrumors.com/20...-ryan-to-staff

Last edited by xiao_ke; 02-08-2022 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by L. G. Dupre View Post

Fool me once …

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    The Giants don't have what we have on defense and Wink doesn't make good halftime adjustments
    The Giants was pretty good last year. Leonard Williams is much better than any d-lineman the Ravens have. Dexter Lawrence is pretty good too. James Bradbury is an excellent CB he just isn't flashy. Jabril Peppers when healthy can be a top strong safety. Logan Ryan is a real leader and playmaker. Lorenzo Carter is solid. Ojulari had 8 sacks as a rookie

The problem the Giants defense has had was that the Giants offense was horrendous. They were constantly on the field. If they can sustain any drives then they have a shot to be in the top 10.