Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Re: Wink hired by the Giants

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post

but he didn't have to spout off about Burrow BEFORE the game... that one got him fired
    All he really said was that Burrow -- a second year player -- was not a Hall of Famer yet. I'm still surprised that got spun up into a "thing."
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    All he really said was that Burrow -- a second year player -- was not a Hall of Famer yet. I'm still surprised that got spun up into a "thing."
    "Aaron Rodgers is a Hall of Fame QB, and I don't think we're ready to buy a gold jacket for Joe (Burrow),"

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

"Aaron Rodgers is a Hall of Fame QB, and I don't think we're ready to buy a gold jacket for Joe (Burrow),"
    Wow, that's incendiary.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Wow, that's incendiary.
    I think the word is 'unnecessary'. they lit his defense up for 41 points in both games and then said that his comments fueled it.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I think the word is 'unnecessary'. they lit his defense up for 41 points in both games and then said that his comments fueled it.
    Wink was always being clever. I loved his pressers. He had some great lines. He was always trying to entertain. His statement was pretty benign.

That said, people are always looking for bulletin board material, and they will construct it out of next-to-nothing. Boring coaches like the guy in New England will never give it to them because he never says anything colorful enough to be taken as an insult no matter how hard you try.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Wink was always being clever. I loved his pressers. He had some great lines. He was always trying to entertain. His statement was pretty benign.

That said, people are always looking for bulletin board material, and they will construct it out of next-to-nothing. Boring coaches like the guy in New England will never give it to them because he never says anything colorful enough to be taken as an insult no matter how hard you try.
    I wonder how many of the younger fans have actually seen a bulletin board (made of cork and stuck with thumb tacks).😄