Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Lamar Jackson trade rumors

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    Those would be some stupid reasons.

If it happened, I'd be so pissed off at the Ravens that I might rethink my support for them. Not that I'm a bigger fan of Lamar than the team, but if they shot themselves in the foot like this, what's the point investing your hopes into them, dreaming of success, when they throw away their best chance.
    Agreed. And I’m not saying that’s the reason but I literally can’t think of anything else he’s done off the field. Maybe the driving fast video? That’s it.

Yes plz trade. He sucks Roman made him
    Last edited by WrongBaldy; 01-28-2022 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    Yeah. Lamar seems to live a quiet life away from football. That Lombardi article is the first I've seen mentioned anywhere that there might be off field issues. Every glimpse we get of his life away from football seems incredibly wholesome.

Are there any rumors or stories going around Baltimore that would back this up?
    Maybe there are things that have neve been made public but to my knowledge to only time he ever was even mentioned in an off the field issue was him videoing himself speeding down a highway which went away in less than a day.

He has always appeared to have a great character on and off the field. I would ne shocked if there is any rumor to those issues.

What would not shock me is, the Ravens willingness to trade him and that is not knocking the front office. I have said before, It would not shock me if Lamar just refused to sign here long term.

Maybe he does not like the coaching staff or scheme, or even the Maryland area. He is a Florida guy, maybe he wants to play out his career in a warmer climate and the Ravens might already know that.

Lets not forget, the Ravens are usually not a top spender for any player usually. I think Flacco contract was probably the worst and its possible Lamar feels they are lowballing him.

I would be more shocked of Lamar having off the field crap than I would be if he just did not want to sign here long term.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    I don’t think Biscotti likes the fact that Lamar keeps campaigning for AB or is friends with Kodak Black. That could be it.
    More likely ownership probably thinks Lamar is a sucker since his mom is his agent and they are trying to negotiate through the media

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Agreed. And I’m not saying that’s the reason but I literally can’t think of anything else he’s done off the field. Maybe the driving fast video? That’s it.
    I think we don't really know what these guys are doing off field or behind the scenes at the Castle. Lots of people/public figures can and do project a public image much different than their private one. To be very clear, I am NOT saying Lamar is that kind of person or that he's anything other than genuine in how he speaks and acts in public. I have absolutely no reason to believe otherwise based on everything I know about him. In fact I think if there were issues they'd probably have leaked out somehow. But at the same time, what we see of these guys is just a small piece of their lives.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I think we don't really know what these guys are doing off field or behind the scenes at the Castle. Lots of people/public figures can and do project a public image much different than their private one. To be very clear, I am NOT saying Lamar is that kind of person or that he's anything other than genuine in how he speaks and acts in public. I have absolutely no reason to believe otherwise based on everything I know about him. In fact I think if there were issues they'd probably have leaked out somehow. But at the same time, what we see of these guys is just a small piece of their lives.
    Definitely a fair point.

besides, it's just a matter of selecting Cunningham and Roman happy

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I think we don't really know what these guys are doing off field or behind the scenes at the Castle. Lots of people/public figures can and do project a public image much different than their private one. To be very clear, I am NOT saying Lamar is that kind of person or that he's anything other than genuine in how he speaks and acts in public. I have absolutely no reason to believe otherwise based on everything I know about him. But at the same time, what we see of these guys is just a small piece of their lives.
    I don't think there is any serious issue with Lamar off the field, but at the same time in 2012 no one would have though Ray Rice had issues with domestic violence and his behavior.

I think this will fade away by next week.

I do just wish they’d extend him already though

They're not going to trade Lamar but neither should they sign him this off season. Let's see what he looks like in 2022 before we make a massive commitment with long term implications. Let's remember that this team needs a lot of help elsewhere and plunging a huge chunk of change into Lamar means we can do less in other areas of need. The FO has to tread lightly here and be very careful. If Lamar looks great next season and they have to pay top dollar, at least they'll feel more confident doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    They're not going to trade Lamar but neither should they sign him this off season. Let's see what he looks like in 2022 before we make a massive commitment with long term implications. Let's remember that this team needs a lot of help elsewhere and plunging a huge chunk of change into Lamar means we can do less in other areas of need. The FO has to tread lightly here and be very careful. If Lamar looks great next season and they have to pay top dollar, at least they'll feel more confident doing it.
    What if he wants long term security if he’s going to be running this Roman Russian roulette with his health offense? I know I would.

Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    Exactly the take I’d expect from you LMFAO

Yeah we probably shouldn’t lock up our superstar QB because it might impact our ability to sign a strong safety