Page 18 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1617181920 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Lamar Jackson trade rumors

Quote Originally Posted by TDLand View Post
    I'd like the 30 minutes of my life back that I just put in reading this thread. This forum should be called the QRussellstreetreport

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Hell yea tua and a first. We’d prob have to send a second or third their way
    Hold on a second, Baldy. We get Tua then my wife and kid might just join up on the Ravens wagon.

There f&@k-all chance of us winning more than five games a year with Tua under center, but dang if wife and kid won't love us.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

I definitely think Lamar's stock is way down right now. NFL.com just posted the list of the 10 best "ball carriers" in the league (rb, qb, wr included). Only one QB made the list and it wasn't Lamar. It was Josh Allen.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TDLand View Post
    I'd like the 30 minutes of my life back that I just put in reading this thread. This forum should be called the QRussellstreetreport
    You nailed it! Fans love the clickbait

The only ways fans would hear about a Lamar Jackson trade would be after the trade was done. The Ravens don't talk. That's why Mike Preston has been doing nothing but guessing for the past 10 years. If you hear of something big going down expect it not happen because it didn't come from the team.

We need to remember to bring this thread back up once they sign Lamar to his extension.

I don’t believe the off the field stuff is illegal or gang type of stuff. I think it is more Michael Vick minus the dogfighting. Think Hanging with the boys and liking MJ. I also think it is Vick in terms of not really working on craft and more relying on god given athletic ability.

I do believe they probably offered him a contract last off season. I think this past year probably has soMe in front office concerned about the commitment of a massive contract.

I think they should play out this year and see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    You nailed it! Fans love the clickbait

The only ways fans would hear about a Lamar Jackson trade would be after the trade was done. The Ravens don't talk. That's why Mike Preston has been doing nothing but guessing for the past 10 years. If you hear of something big going down expect it not happen because it didn't come from the team.

We need to remember to bring this thread back up once they sign Lamar to his extension.
    The Ravens also benefit from having some of the most cucked sports reporters in the NFL. I mean when the toughest questions Harbaugh gets some weeks is from Jerry Coleman asking about his choice of mask on the sideline, you never have to reveal anything.

That shit would never fly in a larger market.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    The Ravens also benefit from having some of the most cucked sports reporters in the NFL. I mean when the toughest questions Harbaugh gets some weeks is from Jerry Coleman asking about his choice of mask on the sideline, you never have to reveal anything.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    I have to step in a defend the guys on the beat. Jeff Z, Luke J. Jonas S & others all do a very fine job. The reason you might think these guys don't ask tough questions, and there is a degree of truth in that, is due to the fact that over the years, Harbaugh has gradually conditioned them to understand that he isn't going to address any question that he believes can hurt his team's chance to compete. So when it's their turn, they'll ask a question that ties to a storyline they might have or is somewhat related to other coaches and/or players scheduled to take the podium that day. This way they can piece together a full story.

Coleman is an outlier and embraces the reputation for asking the tough questions that are never answered. He's looked at as the unamusing court jester by his peers and the team.
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post

That's definitely true. Even Zriebec, who's a good reporter and in theory should have a lot of independence, as he works for The Athletic, toes a very careful line to avoid upsetting the Ravens. Maybe the Ravens take a hard line in freezing out journalists who upset them, because the same isn't true of other team reporters on the Athletic.

Or it might be that the Ravens fanbase is so grateful for getting a good team after years without one, that it doesn't want to hear criticism or hard questions, as is sometimes the case around here.

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    I have to step in a defend the guys on the beat. Jeff Z, Luke J. Jonas S & others all do a very fine job. The reason you might think these guys don't ask tough questions, and there is a degree of truth in that, is due to the fact that over the years, Harbaugh has gradually conditioned them to understand that he isn't going to address any question that he believes can hurt his team's chance to compete. So when it's their turn, they'll ask a question that ties to a storyline they might have or is somewhat related to other coaches and/or players scheduled to take the podium that day. This way they can piece together a full story.

Coleman is an outlier and embraces the reputation for asking the tough questions that are never answered. He's looked at as the unamusing court jester by his peers and the team.
    That theory makes a lot of sense. Harbaugh himself has created a compliant media by shutting down questions he doesn't like, a bit llike Belichick. He knows he doesn't need to keep the press onside because he doesn't work for a flaky owner who will fire him as soon as the press turns the fanbase against him, so he uses that to his advantage.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    That theory makes a lot of sense. Harbaugh himself has created a compliant media by shutting down questions he doesn't like, a bit llike Belichick. He knows he doesn't need to keep the press onside because he doesn't work for a flaky owner who will fire him as soon as the press turns the fanbase against him, so he uses that to his advantage.

I was going to say the same. Think Belichick gives a damn? Nope, they know better than to ask him stupid ass questions he isn’t going to answer. Same with John.

This may be one of the dumbest threads in the history of RSR. The only thing missing is some deer antler spray and an all world blocking wide receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    This may be one of the dumbest threads in the history of RSR. The only thing missing is some deer antler spray and an all world blocking wide receiver.
    And Binjimen Victor.

Lamar seems like a good kid, I don't buy a lot of the negative rumours. If I had to guess, he seems like the type that just goes home and hangs out with his friends and plays video games. The ones about him not putting the work in off the field, that I might be able to buy though. I remember watching the locker room video after the game in Detroit and thinking...he looks kind of fat (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqiETA-U-Pg&t=90s).

My guess is the team likes him, but they're just worried that as the years go on, it's the NFL and you need to put the work in. If you can't be confident he'd be willing to prep and take care of himself like Brady or Wilson or whoever, then that's a big risk in giving him $200M+. If he isn't signed this summer, then next year is probably a "show me" year not just in terms of on the field but off it.