Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Lamar Jackson trade rumors

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    What if he wants long term security if he’s going to be running this Roman Russian roulette with his health offense? I know I would.
    Probably so, which is one more reason they should jettison Roman.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    I do just wish they’d extend him already though
    Lamar is not using an agent. The lack of an intermediary makes the whole contract process extremely touchy for everyone. The Ravens can be blunt with an agent but not their star QB.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBeak View Post
    Lamar is not using an agent. The lack of an intermediary makes the whole contract process extremely touchy for everyone. The Ravens can be blunt with an agent but not their star QB.
    I don’t get why this is hard give the guy Josh Allen money and it’s over he’s worth it

I would do it for Aaron Rodgers but gotta fire Roman too.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    I would do it for Aaron Rodgers but gotta fire Roman too.
    Heeeeeeell no

Exactly the take I’d expect from you LMFAO

Yeah we probably shouldn’t lock up our superstar QB because it might impact our ability to sign a strong safety
    Laugh it up all you want. My take is what a serious FO would do. Being influenced by blathering fans on a forum is what a short sighted one would do. We'll see which way they go. However, with Lamar struggling through his last 4-5 games and coming off an injury AND still having to run Roman's offense, I'm not sure you pull the trigger just yet.

If this was Mahomes, then no problem. Or Allen or Burrow. They've all gone to at least an AFCCG in their first 3 seasons. Lamar has one playoff win. It's not all on him but what we saw from the Miami game forward has to give us some pause. If you pay your QB like a top 5 QB, he better play like one. That's all I'm saying.

Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    Laugh it up all you want. My take is what a serious FO would do. Being influenced by blathering fans on a forum is what a short sighted one would do. We'll see which way they go. However, with Lamar struggling through his last 4-5 games and coming off an injury AND still having to run Roman's offense, I'm not sure you pull the trigger just yet.

If this was Mahomes, then no problem. Or Allen or Burrow. They've all gone to at least an AFCCG in their first 3 seasons. Lamar has one playoff win. It's not all on him but what we saw from the Miami game forward has to give us some pause. If you pay your QB like a top 5 QB, he better play like one. That's all I'm saying.
    This man said Joe Burrow

This man said Joe Burrow
    Wow, that's some penetrating analysis there.

Heeeeeeell no
    Win a SB and let Rodgers ride off into the sunset then draft a guy that has the passing mechanics to take advantage of the best group of receivers we've ever had

Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    Wow, that's some penetrating analysis there.
    Saying you’re prepared to give Joe Burrow top 2 QB money after one year where he won 2 playoff games is like saying you want to do the same for Nick Foles, Mark Sanchez, or Jimmy Garoppolo. It’s just a terrible take, Lamar has proved so much more than Joe Burrow has in this league, it’s Mayfield mania all over again.

Win a SB and let Rodgers ride off into the sunset then draft a guy that has the passing mechanics to take advantage of the best group of receivers we've ever had
    Win a SB like that’s just guaranteed

I'm not sure Rodgers could win a SB here. He'd probably strangle Roman after 2 games.