Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 25 to 36 of 117
  1. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    4,749

    Re: Greg Roman giving play analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    The entire point of this video is to explain the basics of football to people in London who might not understand the game...
    Exactly!

    I clearly stated there are plenty of reason to criticize the guy - this just ain't it. This 1 minute clip of him explaining the basics of a basic play for a London audience doesn't illuminate a damn thing. It's also from like over 6 years ago, from a different team that he got fired from. There are plenty of plays from the past 3 years that you can point to as reasons he needs to adapt or be let go.





  2. #26

    Re: Greg Roman giving play analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Exactly!

    I clearly stated there are plenty of reason to criticize the guy - this just ain't it. This 1 minute clip of him explaining the basics of a basic play for a London audience doesn't illuminate a damn thing. It's also from like over 6 years ago, from a different team that he got fired from. There are plenty of plays from the past 3 years that you can point to as reasons he needs to adapt or be let go.
    You know he's been doing the same stuff here from his Buffalo days right? His play has not evolved. Regardless of who he was explaining it to, you see the play that was called which only worked due to bad defense. Plays like this getting called nowadays are exactly why Lamar is sitting there not able to find anyone open because there's simply no structure in route design. Nobody is actually being schemed open





  3. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    4,749

    Re: Greg Roman giving play analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    Bro, its not cherry picking. Go re watch any number of Ravens games and you will see shit like this all the time.

    Put two TV'S side by side and watch a Chiefs receiver route and then a Roman Receiver route and you'll see a huge difference. For as much as you just want to spew people being negative, its an awful lot of people including ex players saying the same thing.
    I didn't spew anything. I watch every Ravens game. I see plays similar to this from EVERY NFL team. What's your point? Please tell me how Greg Roman of the Buffalo Bills explaining a basic play to a London audience is proof of anything? Using this specific clip to bolster an argument for or against Roman is textbook cherry picking. Watching this didn't tell me anything I didn't already know about Greg Roman and how basic his offense can be at times. It didn't tell me anything about what I believe his biggest weakness is, his inability to adjust his game plan. It also didn't disprove that basic ass pee wee plays still actually work in NFL games and every team has some that simply take advantage of the fact that mismatches can be exploited. Long way of saying that the clip doesn't PROVE anything.





  4. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    4,749

    Re: Greg Roman giving play analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    You know he's been doing the same stuff here from his Buffalo days right? His play has not evolved. Regardless of who he was explaining it to, you see the play that was called which only worked due to bad defense. Plays like this getting called nowadays are exactly why Lamar is sitting there not able to find anyone open because there's simply no structure in route design. Nobody is actually being schemed open
    He's also using some of the same stuff from his San Fran days. Yes I know this. What does it mean or prove? Yes there are plays that are designed very poorly and they leave Lamar looking for guys that won't be open. There are also plays where guys are open and Lamar misses them. There are also plays where the OLine falls the fuck apart and it doesn't matter. There are also plays that Roman calls that a 5 year old can see coming. And there are plays that he calls that result in TDs.

    Let me be clear - I don't like Greg Roman as OC of the Ravens, especially come playoff time. I'm saying the video doesn't prove a damn thing.





  5. #29

    Re: Greg Roman giving play analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    Like it or not Greg Roman is a savant and innovator when it comes to the run game and run blocking.
    Yeah that's why Lat Murray set the world on fire rushing this season and Mark Ingram was such a monster last season.

    SAVANT AND INNOVATOR.





  6. #30

    Re: Greg Roman giving play analysis

    LOL this is obviously a promo aimed at European fans who have literally no knowledge of the game. A 1 on 1 Go Route is obviously not the depth of Romanís play book.





  7. Re: Greg Roman giving play analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    This play design was as elementary as it gets. It only worked because the safety was out of position and the flat was already covered so the TE wasn't an issue. Harvin should not have had 1 on 1 outside. Does Romans play designs always rely on someone on defense making a simple mistake lol
    Actually even though elementary, it worked like it was supposed to. I get it people don't like Roman, but he did preface this by saying it's a call based on the way the defense has been playing us. So it's not like the defense didn't try to defend this like this previously in the game. More than likely they did and this was the play call to take advantage of the way they were defending. And with that said, while elementary it's a smart call because now the defense has to do something else or see this again.





  8. Re: Greg Roman giving play analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    In all seriousness, I've stated many times that if your scheme relies of the qb being Superman, then you don't have much of a scheme.
    This required no super heroic antics from Taylor. Just make the right read and let it rip which is exactly what happened.





  9. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    4,749

    Re: Greg Roman giving play analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    LOL this is obviously a promo aimed at European fans who have literally no knowledge of the game. A 1 on 1 Go Route is obviously not the depth of Roman’s play book.
    Yes it is Shrubbs! That's all that's in there and that's why the Ravens offense has sucked since Roman came in. Take off your purple glasses and you can see it clear as day...the proof is right there in the video.





  10. Re: Greg Roman giving play analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    You know he's been doing the same stuff here from his Buffalo days right? His play has not evolved. Regardless of who he was explaining it to, you see the play that was called which only worked due to bad defense. Plays like this getting called nowadays are exactly why Lamar is sitting there not able to find anyone open because there's simply no structure in route design. Nobody is actually being schemed open
    No he hasn't. If that's the case then why are we not top 5 in big plays/big play efficiency? Where are all of the unbalanced line formations he ran there? Sure there is plenty of overlap, but that doesn't make it exactly the same.





  11. #35

    Re: Greg Roman giving play analysis

    How about this: someone pull A22 from an offensive play, literally just one, that you feel didnít work because of Greg Romanís design, and explain why and weíll have a chat about that.





  12. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    4,749

    Re: Greg Roman giving play analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by The Wizard of OZ View Post
    No he hasn't. If that's the case then why are we not top 5 in big plays/big play efficiency? Where are all of the unbalanced line formations he ran there? Sure there is plenty of overlap, but that doesn't make it exactly the same.





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site
var infolinks_pid = 3297965; var infolinks_wsid = 0; //ó->