Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Re: Greg Roman giving play analysis

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Anybody from the Roman Empire gonna defend this? This might be the worst play design I’ve ever seen.
    Wait, did you see the Colts fake punt?

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    U realize I'm talking about Roman's scheme right? Kaep, tyrod, Lamar.

Roman does not value the qb from the pocket or his passing skills, he uses the qb as another rb who will occasionally throw deep down the seam.
    Roman uses up all the miles a QB has to get extra productivity in the running game. If he were able to scheme up passing concepts, if he were able to adjust on the fly to curveballs the opponent throws at him, if he were good situationally it might be OK. He can't even call sluggos when he is faced with cover zero.

Fire Greg Roman

3. Re: Greg Roman giving play analysis

If ur scheme relys on having a qbs best trait as his ability to run its going to fail in the nfl.

Its just not how the game is won or played anymore. It's too easy to pass and it's never going back.

Even run heavy teams like tenn understand they are going to have to win from the pocket
    But running QBs are doing quite well in the NFL. Better than non running ones.

Lamar has a great winning percentage.

Jalen Hurts took the Eagles to the playoffs.

Josh Allen was 3rd in rushing, the Bills did well.

Taysom Hill has an NFL record as a QB starter of 7-2.

4. Re: Greg Roman giving play analysis

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    He's a prime example of the Peter Principle.
    the Ravens were 4-5 in 2018, and then Lamar went in, with Roman's offense and the Ravens went to the playoffs, then 14-2, then the Ravens had covids and injuries. Except for this year, when Lamar was out and the Ravens couldn't win, the Ravens make it to the playoffs every year. There is no problem. Great Job Roman!

5. Re: Greg Roman giving play analysis

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    LMFAO my god that was horrible. 2 1/2 minutes of my life I will never get back.

This is not new if you watch the Ravens offense. Its as basic and pee wee rec league as you will get and why I have said and will continue to say this coaching staff is not good enough. Especially for a QB as dynamic as Lamar.

This video is why Steve Smith Sr said his 9 year old daughter could read the Ravens offense and what they are trying to do, but the Harbapologists and The Romanettes will defend it at all costs.
    Have Lamar Run. It's not supposed to be confusing. Good blocking plans, good coaching. (Should have some better players there) 300 pound FB. Good running backs when they're not all hurt.

You don't get points for confusing passing schemes. When you have the run game, and it works, you don't need to worry about the passing part as much.

Some here have an ideology that wants to push the pass, despite the fact that the run game works extremely well. Their pass first ideology exists independently of any specifics.

There are a lot of people these days, sports fans, non sports fans, who want everybody to think the same, all the teams to play the same. Some would like to cancel run first offenses with running QBs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by John Reglarperson View Post
    Have Lamar Run. It's not supposed to be confusing. Good blocking plans, good coaching. (Should have some better players there) 300 pound FB. Good running backs when they're not all hurt.

You don't get points for confusing passing schemes. When you have the run game, and it works, you don't need to worry about the passing part as much.

Some here have an ideology that wants to push the pass, despite the fact that the run game works extremely well. Their pass first ideology exists independently of any specifics.

There are a lot of people these days, sports fans, non sports fans, who want everybody to think the same, all the teams to play the same. Some would like to cancel run first offenses with running QBs.
    Yeah, i think a lot of people don't like the 'style' of offense. For me production is the most important aspect of the offense. And this scheme has been highly productive. That is the immovable fact of the discussion about the Raven's offense that someone doesn't seem to matter as much as the desire to have a more prolific passing game.

I think Lamar could be a top passing QB in the league in another offense, but I also doubt whether that offense would be any more productive then this current offense. People underestimate the game changing impact of Lamar being included in the run game.

Bashing Roman's breakdown of a basic passing concept is just more of the same irrational Roman bashing.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    Yeah man I do not get it either.

Then you got people still defending it because Lamar single handily made his laughable passing schemes look amazing in 2019 when all the teams he faced just was not ready or used to the heavy running schemes yet. Lol, they are still trying to attribute it to Roman and not Lamar.

How come Tyrod or Colin Kapernick never was able to replicate things as good as Lamar? yet they ran the same offense
    How come no one besides Brady could ever run the ne offense as well?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Then why would we keep him in a PASSING LEAGUE.
    Zagging when everyone zigs I guess?

I'm really getting the impression from the coverage towards the end /after the season, that the Ravens give players on both sides too much freedom to adjust routes, stunts, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    Outstanding point.

We need to get the pitchforks out again. Why does he need a top flight running QB and top flight RBs? If he's so innovative why couldn't he get decent productivity from the RBs this year? Oh yeah! He ALSO needs top flight O-line AND top flight WRs.

Fire Greg Roman, this needs to be chanted unanimously until he's gone.
    Is Murray even a replacement level back at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Yeah, i think a lot of people don't like the 'style' of offense. For me production is the most important aspect of the offense. And this scheme has been highly productive. That is the immovable fact of the discussion about the Raven's offense that someone doesn't seem to matter as much as the desire to have a more prolific passing game.

I think Lamar could be a top passing QB in the league in another offense, but I also doubt whether that offense would be any more productive then this current offense. People underestimate the game changing impact of Lamar being included in the run game.

Bashing Roman's breakdown of a basic passing concept is just more of the same irrational Roman bashing.
    At some point Roman's offense doesn't work. We can wish it all we want we've seen the beginning of the end and it started with the embarrassing loss to SD in the playoffs.

Good teams eat this offense for breakfast. It happened in San fran and it happened in Buffalo. Roman's scheme isn't flexible or dynamic enough to adjust after the team figures out how to stop the run.

His backup plan is to just have Lamar play hero... which can work... erratically in the regular season. It's unlikely to work 3 times in the playoffs.

At some point Roman's offense doesn't work. We can wish it all we want we've seen the beginning of the end and it started with the embarrassing loss to SD in the playoffs.

Good teams eat this offense for breakfast. It happened in San fran and it happened in Buffalo. Roman's scheme isn't flexible or dynamic enough to adjust after the team figures out how to stop the run.

His backup plan is to just have Lamar play hero... which can work... erratically in the regular season. It's unlikely to work 3 times in the playoffs.
    It was the number one scoring offense across a 2 year period. Because you said so is the only example of it not working.

Buffalo and San Fran fading could maybe have something to do with personnel, could it not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Roman’s offense wasn’t ‘figured’ out in either place. The 49ers had Harbs vs GM clash and Rex scapegoated Roman in Buffalo.

You’re right that the TEAM hasn’t won in the playoffs. And the TEAM shares in those loses….across the board….personnel, drops, playcalling and yes even Lamar all share in the loses.

But, many teams lose in the post season before they start winning. And only 1 team wins it all. Every other playoff team loses their final game. I don’t think it’s cause to scrap 1 of the best offenses in the NFL.