Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Daniel Faalele

Re: Daniel Faalele

Quote Originally Posted by jaydee414 View Post
    Kinnard def has that nasty streak….just seems he’s better suited to me as a G. Maybe an emergency T. I like him, if he can be a T.
    When I took a look at Kinnard he has a lot to like about him. He does have some stiffness, but he's got the size, demeanor and good enough body control and footwork to interchange between the 2 positions.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BRfan96 View Post
    I will say, an OT prospect that no one is talking about that I actually think will be great is Max Mitchell from the Louisiana Rajun Cajun's. I've got a full report done on him. He's one of my favorite OL prospects in this class.
    I read that Max Mitchell is going to play in the Senior Bowl. He's going to get a lot of talk after they see what this guy can do in practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    FYI - He is playing in the senior bowl for those who want to see him
    I will definitely check him out. I think the senior bowl is a good way to evaluate talent. Even though I think the ravens beg to differ.

Blog Entries

Daniel Faalele

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    I will definitely check him out. I think the senior bowl is a good way to evaluate talent. Even though I think the ravens beg to differ.
    I read a story about how the Rams found Cooper Kupp at the senior bowl and weren’t worried about his 40 times because they had his SB GPS data. Good story on WSJ

Here’s the link. If behind a paywall just Google title and it will be on yahoo or somewhere

https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/coo...fs-11642738221

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I read a story about how the Rams found Cooper Kupp at the senior bowl and weren’t worried about his 40 times because they had his SB GPS data. Good story on WSJ

Here’s the link. If behind a paywall just Google title and it will be on yahoo or somewhere

https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/coo...fs-11642738221
    Great read. Thanks for sharing it. The Rams aren't conventional but I like their strategy. Of course you have to hit on these later picks but they must really trust their scouting department.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    Great read. Thanks for sharing it. The Rams aren't conventional but I like their strategy. Of course you have to hit on these later picks but they must really trust their scouting department.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    Yup their strategy leaves little room for error but is very unique. Trade away #1 pick for mega stars. Sign more in FA. Fill the rest of the roster with cheap mid round draft picks.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Faalele is my #2 choice in the 2nd round. Daxton Hill climbed up to my #1 spot

Here's my Evaluation of Faalele. It's only a shallow eval, but I think he's an easy one to evaluate.

Daniel Faalele, #78, Right OT, Minnesota

Strengths:
    • Passes the Eye test and then some (6’9, 380 lbs)
    • Built very well with good distribution of weight in upper and lower body
    • Upper body strength is clearly superior (3rd Q, 7:18 vs Ohio St.)
    • Can keep his pads low on drive blocks only (2nd Q 3:33 vs Ohio St.)
    • Despite lack of hip explosiveness and drive, he can drive his legs well once locked on (1st Q 3:09 vs Neb)
    • Eventually understood how to seal the edge on outside run plays (2nd Q 13:47 vs Neb)
    Weaknesses:
    • For some reason wasn’t able to lockdown the starting job on the right side. Was frequently substituted by #77
    • Doesn’t know how to adapt mentally to the defensive presentation post snap (2nd Q, 6:32 vs Ohio St.)
    • Clear lack of core strength, low pad level, good base stance (2nd Q, 4:13 vs Ohio St., 3rd Q 11:28 vs Ohio St.)
    • Routinely loses the hand placement battle (3rd Q, 8:37 vs Ohio St., 1st Q 6:36 vs Neb)
    • In pass sets, he will drop his post foot and open up his hips to the QB (2nd Q, 1:28 vs Ohio St.)
    • Most likely has weaker legs or has hip and ankle inflexibility. He’s routinely bending at the waist in his stance prior to the snap and will play with a high pad level (3rd Q, 7:18 vs Ohio St., 4th Q 12:11 vs Ohio St., 4th Q 8:39 vs Ohio St.)
    • Too slow climbing to the 2nd level (3rd Q, 5:12 vs Ohio St.)
    • Despite great upper body strength, he has poor lower body strength and explosiveness, struggles to move even undersized LB’s off LOS (3rd Q, 4:30 vs Ohio St., 1st Q 9:19 vs Neb, 1st Q 3:09 vs Neb)
    • Lunges forward on outside zone reach block, takes poor first step (4th Q 11:25 vs Ohio St.)

Analysis:
    Faalele is clearly a lumbering mountain of raw potential who is new to the sport. He is built amazingly well for a man his size. Terrific weight distribution, big strong upper body with big strong hands to match. His upper body alone won him some matchups while in college. He does also have some natural athleticism to him which can be seen when executing simple movement patterns or simple tasks/blocks. He also showed the ability to learn as the season progresses. With all of that being said, He can struggle to adapt to defensive schemes and blitzes on the fly both before and during the play. He seems to have a clear lack of core strength as he has a tendency to end up on the ground from a good hit from the defender, and its also seen when he's in his stance and just executing various movements. He’s too slow footed and it shows in almost all of his movements.

Grade:
    Mid to late 4th
    I don’t mind drafting based on raw potential but not before the 3rd round and even then I would be hesitant to draft on potential in the 3rd round. He’s pretty much potential with a good OT body. Slow feet, poor posture, poor hand placement, bends at the waist instead of the knees, not explosive in his lower body. He’s just too raw for me. T.J. Watt will absolutely beat him repeatedly just on speed and hand fighting. Myles Garret should be able to overpower him with a good bull rush. In the Ohio St. game I literally saw him knocked to the ground 5 times. He’s certainly progressed since last year, but he’s still a project who shouldn't see the field until his 3rd or 4th year.
    In light of the draft having gone the way that it has, I'm going to stand by my analysis on this one. He went where I thought he would and I don't think he'll be a serviceable player until year 3 give or take a year.

I agree with you 100%!

I don't think he'll be a serviceable player until year 3 give or take a year.
    Six-man lines, unbalanced lines, goal-line / short yardage. If the Ravens don't red-shirt him this year with a hangnail or something, Roman will find a way to use him situationally.

Blog Entries

I heard an interview with Boye Mafe about 2 weeks ago. They asked him how it was going against Faalele in practice. Mafe said that it was exactly what you'd think. You better be fast to get around him because you sure aren't moving him.