Page 1 of 15 123 ... LastLast

Ed Reed’s harsh take on the Ravens.

This is what a lot of us have been saying.

“Leadership matters. Look what Baltimore has done since Ray (Lewis) and I, Anquan (Bolding), Terrell Suggs and all those, Haloti Ngata, all of us left, maybe not left, but when we were not in the building after that, since 2013, I think they only won like one or two playoff games. Like the (Baltimore) Ravens haven't done much," Reed said.

https://www.si.com/nfl/ravens/news/p...shes-on-ravens

Blog Entries

Re: Ed Reed’s harsh take on the Ravens.

30+ pages incoming and I'm the first one to respond!

Blog Entries

Harbaugh is the leader.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Harbaugh is the leader.
    Yes, let's take comments about a lack of on field leaders on that defense and turn it into a criticism of Harbaugh. That makes sense

While I'd love to have another Ray or Ed on that defense, who does?

They have some strong figures in Campbell, Peters even Clark. But would more or different leaders help? Wouldn't fix everything but would help.
    "That's what."
    — She

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    This is what a lot of us have been saying.

“Leadership matters. Look what Baltimore has done since Ray (Lewis) and I, Anquan (Bolding), Terrell Suggs and all those, Haloti Ngata, all of us left, maybe not left, but when we were not in the building after that, since 2013, I think they only won like one or two playoff games. Like the (Baltimore) Ravens haven't done much," Reed said.

https://www.si.com/nfl/ravens/news/p...shes-on-ravens
    What do you think he's saying?

"The locker room is for the players. You know, the locker room is led by players. Coaches don't lead grown men. It's a partnership. You know, it's truly a partnership when you get to the league.“

This is the only "harsh" thing he said in the entire article and it was directed towards the players.

Is he speaking to Lamar? Is he talking to BWILL?

You aren't going to be a leader unless you are a star player. The real issue may be that they haven't drafted a difference maker on defense since those guys played together.

On offense it could be your QB but LJ8 hasn't really stepped into that role either.

I mean you can't have your All Pro Kicker as the leader of the team.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Yes, let's take comments about a lack of on field leaders on that defense and turn it into a criticism of Harbaugh. That makes sense

They have some strong figures in Campbell, Peters even Clark. But would more or different leaders help? Wouldn't fix everything but would help.
    Well it came out of a hall of fame ex players mouth that someone did not want them as he said around anymore.

I know Pollard said it as well.

So if not Harbaugh, who do you think Reed is referring too? lol

I cannot read minds, but I assume its harbaugh just going off what I just read.

How many ex players need to say it before you believe it? What is the cut off number or do you just blindly support the team and refuse to admit even the great ones like Ed Reed had issues with Harbaugh?

We just need to remember Reed and Lewis "left" because they were honestly done. Suggs was nearly finished too. Losing Boldin was a mistake.

That said, when we are drafting do we shy away from alpha males?

That’s nice. I just wonder whether Ed has the word “leadership” confused with “insanely elite best players at their position ever or at least for their generation”

Wonder why he left out Ogden? Anyhow …Because it is a fact that the Ravens have been unable to draft better linebackers and safeties and DTs and OLBs than the aforementioned they are not up to par. So what?!

The Chiefs: great leaders of men! A bunch of fucking Pattons. No. Just the best QB, WR, TE, DT of their generation on one team.

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    What do you think he's saying?

"The locker room is for the players. You know, the locker room is led by players. Coaches don't lead grown men. It's a partnership. You know, it's truly a partnership when you get to the league.“

This is the only "harsh" thing he said in the entire article and it was directed towards the players.

Is he speaking to Lamar? Is he talking to BWILL?

You aren't going to be a leader unless you are a star player. The real issue may be that they haven't drafted a difference maker on defense since those guys played together.

On offense it could be your QB but LJ8 hasn't really stepped into that role either.

I mean you can't have your All Pro Kicker as the leader of the team.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    We haven’t done much since Ray, Ed, Haloti, Suggs left. That’s pretty harsh on Harbaugh.

He’s not giving the Ravens the injury excuse because we’ve always been so big on next man up.

I think the issue with leadership is we bring in players from other teams to be leaders. IMO, it works out best when your best homegrown players become your leaders. Obviously there’s outliers here and there but a player like Campbell can only lead so much when he’s never really been a true Raven until the very end of his career.

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post

LMFAO, come on bro.

THere is no possible way you can just read that article and not realize Reed was throwing shade on inferring it on someone.

If not Harbaugh then who? Do you believe he meant Ozzie? , Decosta, The owner? The Towel boy? lol

His statement made it pretty clear how he feels.

Two of the best, if not the best to ever play at their position, another HoF in waiting and Ngata, all at the same side of the ball, and what the Ravens lack is leadership.

Fuck me sideways.
    It ain't pretty, but it's us.
    AND I'M HERE FOR IT ALL, BABY.

We were getting healthier...

I think Reed's talking about Ravens teams of the past. I didn't see a lack of leadership on the defensive side this season. Calais Campbell, Justin Houston, Josh Bynes, Chuck Clark, Marcus Peters (who called the defense in preseason), Maarlon Humphrey. There are loads of characters who lead on the Ravens defense.

On offense it might be a different story. Our best players Andrews and Lamar aren't big vocal leaders - they're more by example types. Zeiter leads the O Line but he isn't too demonstrative. We could maybe do with another Mark Ingram type on offense.