Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1516171819 ... LastLast

Re: Mike MacDonald - New DC

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    I saw on twitter earlier that Jeff Zbec said Ravens did offer Wink a new contract, but it was apparently not what he wanted.

Not sure if that meant money or something else.
    Ravnes FO is usually not cheap on contracts, so I'm gonna guess Harbs wanted more control or changes that Wink was not willing to accept. The other possibility is maybe there weren't enough years offered?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    I saw on twitter earlier that Jeff Zbec said Ravens did offer Wink a new contract, but it was apparently not what he wanted.

Not sure if that meant money or something else.
    Well, it worked out for the best, imo. See ya Wink!
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Ravnes FO is usually not cheap on contracts, so I'm gonna guess Harbs wanted more control or changes that Wink was not willing to accept. The other possibility is maybe there weren't enough years offered?
    My completely uneducated guess on this since it broke was that Harbaugh wanted some the blitzing and Cover-0 looks to be eased back moving forward and Wink wasn't willing, nor should he be, can't ask him to be someone he's not.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    My completely uneducated guess on this since it broke was that Harbaugh wanted some the blitzing and Cover-0 looks to be eased back moving forward and Wink wasn't willing, nor should he be, can't ask him to be someone he's not.
    Fair.

Harbs can ask and Wink can decide if he wants to change or not. It's a mutual thing. If that's what happened. I also figure that during the season as it went along, there were likely plenty of film review sessions and meeting to discuss things like that and the two of them just didn't see eye to eye on it.

Zrebiec referenced general tension/disagreements between the two, saying the relationship had run its course. Not personal, but professional disagreements.

It's a good guess that Harbs was bothered by that. Seems like Wink's scheme, which puts so much on CBs in particular, never adjusted when they were down to 4th string CBs. Leaving Westry on an island to give up a game losing play is an obvious example. But there were probably a lot of things. Zrebiec also gave the impression that Bisciotti wasn't happy with the image Wink presented/some of the things he's say in front of the camera.
    "That's what."
    — She

Quote Originally Posted by AQKingRaven View Post
    More Harbaugh nepotism. This does not preclude the guy from being great here, im just saying. It really is funny how tribal it is despite indivisuals constanly moving across teams and leagues being the norm.

The Castle needs a plaque at the entrance enscribed with "Continulously continuing continuity"
    That's not nepotism. This is nepotism.

Attachment 5667
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    That's not nepotism. This is nepotism.

Attachment 5667
    We've tried to make this point before. It doesn't sink in.
    "That's what."
    — She

The Ravens improved their defense significantly by letting WINK walk. When you see the achievements that guys like Zadarius Smith, Judon and Nagukue put up you have to ask yourself what was WINK doing all that time. How could you misuse the talent that these guys brought to the table. How many more careers have you inhibited.

Good riddance

9. Re: Mike MacDonald - New DC

I think that the treatment that Wink received was Marty-style, we want you to continue but in another position, and there Wink (as Marty) said, fuck off and the matter is over.
    wink's die was cast since John never relied on defense for games in overtime
    (rightly or wrongly)

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Zrebiec referenced general tension/disagreements between the two, saying the relationship had run its course. Not personal, but professional disagreements.

It's a good guess that Harbs was bothered by that. Seems like Wink's scheme, which puts so much on CBs in particular, never adjusted when they were down to 4th string CBs. Leaving Westry on an island to give up a game losing play is an obvious example. But there were probably a lot of things. Zrebiec also gave the impression that Bisciotti wasn't happy with the image Wink presented/some of the things he's say in front of the camera.
    Yeah, Harbaugh kind of said that part out loud:

"Asked why he went for two instead of the PAT to force overtime, Harbaugh said: "[We're] trying to win the game right there. We were pretty much out of corners at that point in time. It was an opportunity to try to win the game right there."

Ravens Pro Bowl cornerback Marlon Humphrey appeared to grab his right shoulder when trying to tackle Steelers wide receiver Diontae Johnson on Pittsburgh's go-ahead 5-yard TD with 1:48 to play. The Ravens fear Humphrey suffered a season-ending pectoral injury on the play, a source told ESPN, confirming a report by NFL Network."

My translation of that was he had zero confidence in Wink's defense being able to hold up in OT, especially with Marlon out. He had learned by then that Wink wasn't going to be able to adjust the defense or his playcalling enough to stop Pitt.

Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    While it is fun to think that this makes picking Ojabo and/or other Michigan players more likely, we should remember he was only. at Michigan one year and that the did not recruit those players so he shouldn't be overly biased towards them.
    You also have to remember there were entire threads criticizing the Ravens draft picks of Michigan players.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post

I don’t think Wink was to blame when injuries took their toll so much. After listening to the Filmstudy podcast on Wink I’m leaning not at scheme, where Wink is brilliant, but coaching and developing players- The tackling, persistent communication issues, the slow developmental speed of queen and Harrison who seem to have the talent but were not meeting expectations.